A decent christmas song at last

northdublin

Petrolheads
would love if this got to no.1
out of all the shite that is played at xmas i allways liked the original and this is such a good cover. i think if fleetwood mac and the doors ever got together to do a christmas song it would be similar to this. nearly 30,000 views and i think about 1000 of them are me :icon_grin:
anyway let me know what ye think and if ye thinks its cool join up to the facebook page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5nKjGRONr4

imo thats pretty crap as a xmas song

its not going to get many radio plays either with it taking a full minute for the song to take of, now i know on the radio they can get around that by fill ins or talking over it but its not a very happy version of the song, its to dark and doesnt give a happy xmas vib.

its hard to get a good xmas song as there all very chessy and this one is different but not in a good way

the macabees do bring a dark feel to the song but i think its relevent for the times were living in, it just there style imposed on a classic. i actually found the original movie to be quite dark cause of the animation and the end. from what ive read it was never intended to compete in the charts but is now available on i-tunes cause of growing popularity.
to perform a song live with little or no rehersal shows how good the macabees are.

Back