Bang! What next??

Midnight blue

Petrolheads
So looks like my engine's w@nked after Friday.

Went at it there last night. Found detonation marks on cylinder one piston and it's a bit down on compression.

So just weighing up what to do next. Could either rebuild or I'm thinking a forged 2.5 short block.

Gonna price up bits to rebuild the engine i have. Anyone know how much it would set me back to buy/build a 2.5?

Last edited:
:icon_sad: Sorry to hear. Might be Easier and less hassle to buy a new 2.0 Subaru short block , new oil pump ,water pump, head bolts , head gaskets Bits and pieces and your heads checked should work out around 3500. Or get your own inspected and rebuilt depending on milage and damage

You could try to find out just how much power is too much [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2.1 isn't a bad idea alright!

Dunno Dave there's no such thing as too much power!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Exactly!! 2.1 is a nice idea, closed deck and forged internals too?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Remember Big power costs big money. 300/350 is plenty of power in a road car keeping it fairly standard

If already forged rods etc.

Then a strip down. See if cylinder can be sorted with a hone. If not 0.5mm mm bore and set of pistons.

And refresh of everything else. Would be most budget friendly i would think.

If already forged rods etc.

Then a strip down. See if cylinder can be sorted with a hone. If not 0.5mm mm bore and set of pistons.

And refresh of everything else. Would be most budget friendly i would think.
Would be best alright.

Was on to the fella that built it there last night. He reckons that there's a good chance that the piston thats marked would have melted and damaged the bore.

But he also said that it was bored before so there might be no life left in it. Dont wanna be in the position of paying to get the engine inspected to be told its scrap. [emoji53]

Would an ej25 short block bolt onto my gearbox if i was to go down that route?

Yes It would bolt straight on but there other things you have to think of like heads unless your getting 2.5?ones why the push for 2.5 . 2.0 or 2.1 is the way to go unless you really like the torque

Yes It would bolt straight on but there other things you have to think of like heads unless your getting 2.5?ones why the push for 2.5 . 2.0 or 2.1 is the way to go unless you really like the torque
Just kinda thowing ideas around really. It's either gonna be a stroker or a 2.5 both have their pros and cons from what I can see.

But yeah I do like the idea of a bit more low down torque.

Would be best alright.

Was on to the fella that built it there last night. He reckons that there's a good chance that the piston thats marked would have melted and damaged the bore.

But he also said that it was bored before so there might be no life left in it. Dont wanna be in the position of paying to get the engine inspected to be told its scrap. [emoji53]

Would an ej25 short block bolt onto my gearbox if i was to go down that route?

Its needs to be stripped down first in anyway to inspect damage either way. Heads etc.

Christmas has come early! :icon_grin:

Been a few quiet weeks waiting not so patiently! wont be long now gettin back on the road hopefully!

IMG-20161126-WA0001.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG-20161126-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20161126-WA0001.jpeg
    682.2 KB · Views: 115
Lovely, should be savage when mapped up, you changing your turbo?

Back