Bye Bye Spud Face

250million spent in transfers oooocchhhh

Looks set for the Inter job now.

250 spent but he got 190 back in tranfers going out plus add the money he got when they won champions league.

Not that bad with money when all put on the table but has totally bought the wrong players other than reina, torres, masherano and agger.

I say Daglish will take over now and hopefully get the players like gerrard and torres to stay.

Sad to see him go but time is right for a change and he has shown this year he cant fullfill promises he makes.

sad day for liverpool and it aint finished yet!!!!
gerrard will go this summer..i'll put money on that as that was the plan earlier in the season!!!
depressed to fu*k!!!
:icon_redface: :icon_redface:

personally I'd take the money that Gerrard's sale will bring in instead of Gerrard for next season. As much as he is a scouser and a Liverpool fan he is more of a Steven Gerrard fan these days. You could see that his heart wasn't in it last season (in fact he deserves an over-acting Oscar for how clear he made it). Fair enough, he was playing in a bad team, but as captain his attitude stank for most of the second half of the season. The poor players he was surrounded by were looking to him for inspiration, if they had received any maybe our competitive season wouldn't be starting about a week after the WC final!!

The club is in meltdown at the moment, I think it would be better to start afresh rather than build yet another team around a prima donna :icon_sad:

sure he brought the champions league to anfield , but after a season like that and even his own fans saying he should go , it ws only a matter of time .

never really liked him , but best of luck to him . nice few quid for the summer holidays and maybe a seat at the current champs(inter)

would like to see stevie and fernando stay , few new players and start afresh next season

[quote author=nodge link=topic=24077.msg286615#msg286615 date=1275638596]
personally I'd take the money that Gerrard's sale will bring in instead of Gerrard for next season. As much as he is a scouser and a Liverpool fan he is more of a Steven Gerrard fan these days. You could see that his heart wasn't in it last season (in fact he deserves an over-acting Oscar for how clear he made it). Fair enough, he was playing in a bad team, but as captain his attitude stank for most of the second half of the season. The poor players he was surrounded by were looking to him for inspiration, if they had received any maybe our competitive season wouldn't be starting about a week after the WC final!!

The club is in meltdown at the moment, I think it would be better to start afresh rather than build yet another team around a prima donna :icon_sad:
[/quote]

The song we love to sing at Old Trafford

"Steven Gerrard..Gerrard,
He Kisses the badge on chest..
He puts in a transfer request..
Steven Gerard..Gerrard"

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=24077.msg286637#msg286637 date=1275641280]

Steven Gerard..Gerrard"

[/quote]

That song only echoes what a lot of Liverpool fans felt after the summer of '04. I know I've never forgiven him completely even after all his moments of magic since! I always get the piss taken out of me by Liverpool supporting mates over the CL final in Istanbul. We were watching the game in an almost 100% Liverpool pub and when Gerrard got the header to bring us back into it he ran back up the pitch lifting his arms in the air. I roared at the TV "Why don't you f**kin lift it, you f**kin prikc or else f**k off to Chelsea". Cue about half the pub turning around to stare at me!!!
I stand by it though - he was awful in that first half against Milan..........plus he was the only one who didn't sign an autograph for my little cousin when we were in the players' lounge at Anfield after a game 2 years ago - pr1ck!! :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=24077.msg286637#msg286637 date=1275641280]
[quote author=nodge link=topic=24077.msg286615#msg286615 date=1275638596]

[/quote]

Steven Gerard..Gerrard"

[/quote]

You forgot the second verse man

Steve Gerard, Gerard,
Alex is on crack and she's mad,
She's pregnant and your not the Dad,
Steve Gerard, Gerard.

Feel sorry for the Scous fans, its a difficult time your going through. As a United fan I'm just hugely thankful that Fergie is still in charge and managed to somewhat overachieve last season with a pretty weak team. I have looked at Uniteds bench compared to Spurs, Arsenal & Shitty this season and they don't compare! I do however worry when they day comes that he finally retires as he will be leaving some serious boots to fill!

Back