Clutch Master and Slave Part # help

Hi all,

Model: BH5B5CD

going to be changing out the clutch master and slave in the Legacy GTB (JDM BH5). At the moment it seems to be losing pressure after a good bleed. Giving a spongey feel and fluid turns black quickly so guessing there's seal issues.
When I first got the car the slave had a 10mm socket in it, presumably some MacGyver work to help get more travel in the pin so want to make sure I get the right replacement.

Partsouq.com is listing

3 different masters:
  1. 37230AG030
  2. 37230AE020
  3. 37230AE021

3 different slaves:
  1. 30620AA012
  2. 30620AA013
  3. 30620AA011
Anyone have an idea of which ones to get and where would be good for price?

Thanks

Originally yes, clutch replaced and even sourced the return spring for the clutch fork as that was missing. All helped things but the final job to get it 100% is the master and slave I believe.
I'll bleed it with an air bleeder and its amazing, then after a few drives its starts to go again and new fluid looks old very fast

Originally yes, clutch replaced and even sourced the return spring for the clutch fork as that was missing. All helped things but the final job to get it 100% is the master and slave I believe.
I'll bleed it with an air bleeder and its amazing, then after a few drives its starts to go again and new fluid looks old very fast
They are a disaster to bleed , the nipple on the slave is not the highest point for air

You need to bleed them with the slave cylinder fully closed ( pushed in) otherwise the air gets stuck at that point .

If it’s turning black that quick it’s Probley your master cylinder

I've bled it with the slave unbolted to get the nipple at the highest point and also tried the cylinder closed method. They both work but then just fade away pretty quick.
I'd say master too but want to replace the slave while I'm at it to fully refurb the clutch system and not have to worry about it. So I can focus other issues then lol

Regarding the right part number, any idea if there is any difference on the 3 numbers for each part?

Subaru in Lusk quoting €165 and 2 month lead time from Japan for the master. €165 and a week lead from UK for the slave.

Called a few motor factors and they're struggle to get parts listed for it. Sitting at 5 part numbers for each now I think some are just old replaced numbers for the same part.

This sachs master seems to be the closest reasonable replacement.

Anyone know if there is a service kit for the masters like you can get for the slave?

Back