Coilovers on a non WRX

Sneezy.Tom

Wet noodle spec hawkeye
ISDC Club Member
So ive got the 2007 Hawkeye Impreza. Non WRX non STI just the 1.5 FWD jap import.

Im wondering if im going to have issues with parts etc with the car. Im currently looking at coilovers for a WRX STI unsure if they would fit? most of the market just seems to put items up for WRX STi. Are these parts useless for me or any good or whats the story :icon_confused:

Anyone who could shed some light that would be ideal. I know the WRX is AWD and all and mines just a little FWD baby with drum brakes on the rear. Unsure how much else would be different. im praying for some bits to be OK or its going to be hell for me to get parts. Cheers!

Can't see why wouldn't be the same fitment Tom but someone that actually knows will be along.

Can't see why wouldn't be the same fitment Tom but someone that actually knows will be along.
Pretty sure shocks and all are probably gone in mine and well it’s bog standard everything. Spotted a guy on Facebook selling some “Apexi n1 evolution street coilovers” for €350 so going to snap them up provided they fit. Could be an ideal start for the car and extremely budget friendly.

P.s if anyone buys these coilovers before I’m payed and buy them myself I will hunt you down 😂

🤣🤣🤣

If your shocks not gone a set of Eibach springs (pro think) give car a nice stance and be comfortable something worth considering

It would have to be wrx hawk specific as the shocks are different on the sti as it's a wide track, they are not interchangeable 👌🏻
Hope that helps

It would have to be wrx hawk specific as the shocks are different on the sti as it's a wide track, they are not interchangeable 👌🏻
Hope that helps
Sooo ones from a WRX STI blob wont fit my non WRX STI hawk?

I'm sure someone will have a set of wrx or sti springs sitting in garage gathering dust be simplest solution. Will give lower look with tighter handling (unless current shocks gone)spend diffance on better brakes or tires just a option 👍

Like baz said above Any Wrx will do or bug sti 5x100 is what you need suspension wise 👍

Back