david villa

mac mac

ISDC Club Member
was watchin spain v portugal last night , and as the game was not the most exiting , i started thinking . is david villa the only player to have his first name on jersey, or whats the story . is it a double barrell name like wright-phillips or is it actually his first name ????

:dontknow: :ponder: :ponder2: :ponder: :dontknow:

now im even more confused , should he not be known as , and have "sanchez" on jersey . :ponder2: :ponder2: :ponder2:

anyone care to shed some light

maybe his mother's name is villa and his dad's is sanchez and he chooses to put villa on his jersey :dontknow:

[quote author=Gretts. link=topic=24714.msg292731#msg292731 date=1277892325]
maybe his mother's name is villa and his dad's is sanchez and he chooses to put villa on his jersey :dontknow:
[/quote]

maybe so but still doesnt explain the david part on his jersey . is he unique ??

I think its a matter of personal taste. Its rear but there is players with two names.
David Silva ( Valencia) Lubo Penev ( Valencia)
Sometimes there could be 2 players wit same family names in the same club so they add first name.

On the other side there is players with nicknames instead:
Ronaldinho - Ronaldo De Assis Moreira
Ronaldo - Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro

Think about it we could of know Ronaldo as AVEIRO :lol:

[quote author=dontommy link=topic=24714.msg292757#msg292757 date=1277899841]
I think its a matter of personal taste. Its rear but there is players with two names.
David Silva ( Valencia) Lubo Penev ( Valencia)
Sometimes there could be 2 players wit same family names in the same club so they add first name.

On the other side there is players with nicknames instead:
Ronaldinho - Ronaldo De Assis Moreira
Ronaldo - Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro

[/quote]

two players on same team with same surmame like yaya and kolo toure for france but yet they only have 1 letter of first name on jersey .

Similar thing with Jordi Cruyff

He chose to have Jordi on his jersey rather than Cruyff.

[quote author=dontommy link=topic=24714.msg292757#msg292757 date=1277899841]
[/quote]

I much prefer what everyone refers to him as at the moment.........C***

:wink:

Back