Different Focus Rs Reveiw

Small bit unfair I guess . What I would have likeed to see was what else was out there for 40k dollars new and that would give you more of a balanced view .
But I guess there's nothing out there that would compare in the price range. I do agree with him about the seats, and a lot of manufactured are sloping the base of the seats up at the front to make them feel more sporty .

Will wait till I drive 1 to See . But it seem very good

Fake engine noise ........what's that all about ?
I agree with what he says about the styling it's not aggressive enough and unless you know what your looking at its just a blue focus the old rs you knew what was in your rear view mirror lol
That said I'd fooking love one
If I had pots of cash I'd have the rs 500 with the new running gear in it that would be a monster
Role on the lotto

An Sti impreza is 35-40 depending on spec
4475a741bf2b1d2a9b9a9ef5a4226f65.jpg

I taught it was a very unfair review in honesty but he could be doing it for headlines

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

It's a shockin interior in fairness, theres an awful amount of cheap plastic and the dials and gauges look pretty bad aswell. I didn't no they had the fake engine noise through the speakers though! In America it's probably enough to be top of the pile there but with the likes of the golf r and rs3 over here it just doesn't cut it in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rs3 is 70k nearly 15/20 more that the focus so that's out that leaves the golf r or rs for 50 k . I'll have a mint lows mile spec c and save 20k thanks and be still worth that in 5/10 years :thumbsup:

I think the rs was hugely over hyped initially, ford must have bought off a lot of motor journos

There has been a trend of bad reviews recently, wouldn't read too much into another one

Golf r is way better value for money and better interior but no kerb appeal I think despite the muted look of the rs, not that different from standard focus

In fairness to ford they pushed the boat out with the awd system and there is more of a sense of occasion about driving it compared to the r I'd guess. Could do with some mods to make it feel faster too

From the horses mouth so to speak Paul, you've had scoobies and now the focus how do you rate the experience so far??
It's fine for some journalists to hop in and take it for a spin but what's it like to live with

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this thread.

The Yanks are really not going to like the new Type R ride if it's the same as current one (R button)
Makes em seriously undrivable aparently on any normal roads

Looking forward to Paul's reply to above what's the Rs like living with it especially as he ran a Sti Hatch for few years

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
From the horses mouth so to speak Paul, you've had scoobies and now the focus how do you rate the experience so far??
It's fine for some journalists to hop in and take it for a spin but what's it like to live with

Hi Dec.
it's a bit of a strange one. firstly it's not a scooby so it's fundamentally flawed already.
that aside it's a great car Imo. it goes and goes and I'd say is awesome at the limit, apart from one blast up Sally gap I have come anywhere close to testing its limits
personally I'm a big fan of awd and I haven't got a sniff of understeer yet, feels more like my old 200sx compared to sti or wrx
I quite like the slightly elevated seating position and feels more roomy than an impreza.
gear changes and more compliant drive make it easier to drive around town compared to sti. the sti hatch was soft enough too. steering is fantastically direct and weighted.
low down torque compared to sti makes it easier to drive too, you don't end up bootin cause your getting the revs up. on the other hand before you know it you're driving too fast cause there's so much power available at low revs
in track modetot (suspension only) it drives like it's on rails

main negatives
rattle in b Pillars!
doesn't look great, a bit too soft for me
it's a bit of a porker but that's the price you pay for awd and solid car

all in all a great car and maybe a decent compromise between a golf r and a type r or megane. I read the in a recent review and I agree

of course you d be stupid to buy a new one but hey you only live once

Last edited:
Thanks for the honest review paul, you read all sorts on the net most is said and written just to get noticed I prefer to ask someone who actually knows day to day what they are like. It sounds like beside the few downsides you are happy with the car!
I have to say I agree with you on the looks, far too soft and generic to be an rs when you look at RS history the mk3 looks rather tame, having said that I think the direction they took with the budget and price point they had I think they achieved a lot and most reviews seem to have that point in common.
The rattle issue should be easily sorted under warranty as it wouldn't be common for a mk3 focus to have rattles as they are well put together.

Thanks again for the honest review ????

Back