Dump valve

scoobysub

ISDC Club Member
Anyone a good aftermarket dump valve for sale before I go buy a new 1
need it For a Subaru legacy top mount but think it’s the Same as an Impreza 1
πŸ‘πŸ‘

Think it's the same fitment alright Joe but would need a new base plate..but if I remember correctly, I tried fitting a HKS SSQV to the B4 I had, and it wouldn't fit with the inlet manifold in the way, so there's a small bracket you can buy that moves the BOV over to the passenger side of the intercooler then.
Smaller one like Forge I'd imagine would fit no problem tho

I could be wrong now, but I did buy one from an Impreza, had to buy the base plate thing below, and still couldn't get it to work..this thing..

images (1).jpeg

So I was searching online and seen that the HKS ones have to be relocated then with this bracket...T_hks_ssqv_4_subaru_impreza_gtt_my9900_3_151263_5ce7c3e3393ca.jpg

All in all, I never fitted it in the end and sold the car before I done any more with it then

Last edited:
For info, the HKS SSQV I bought was an old style one, they're a bit blockier than the newer ones, not sure was it the first or second version...the new ones are slightly slimmer
This is the one I hads-l1600 (1).jpg

No worries πŸ‘
Olly or Matty Baker would surely have used in stock also πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Anyone a good aftermarket dump valve for sale before I go buy a new 1
need it For a Subaru legacy top mount but think it’s the Same as an Impreza 1
πŸ‘πŸ‘
Could be wrong here, but ....
I put one on my previous gen3 legacy B4 and although it worked fine (the bov) the car ran like shite when stopped at lights etc, and often cut out. I'm sure your aware of this.something about the air being already metered for and then all of a sudden it's vented and the ECU is still expecting the air and adds the appropriate amount of fuel for said air, engine runs rich for brief moment and can cutout.
That being said, I did have a adaptor plate machined up for it , it wasn't the most expensive bov, but if I can find it(it's here somewhere) your more than welcome to it for free to experiment with it.
Other than that you probably need a variable adjustable one to minimise that problem.

Could be wrong here, but ....
I put one on my previous gen3 legacy B4 and although it worked fine (the bov) the car ran like shite when stopped at lights etc, and often cut out. I'm sure your aware of this.something about the air being already metered for and then all of a sudden it's vented and the ECU is still expecting the air and adds the appropriate amount of fuel for said air, engine runs rich for brief moment and can cutout.
That being said, I did have a adaptor plate machined up for it , it wasn't the most expensive bov, but if I can find it(it's here somewhere) your more than welcome to it for free to experiment with it.
Other than that you probably need a variable adjustable one to minimise that problem.
They really don't like vent to atmosphere ones if you run a recirculating one they run okay with them

Back