Ecutek remap in ireland?

richiefitz

Does anyone know a garage that does this or has a name/contact number for an individual that may do this work for me?

Its a wrx with PPP , but i have changed the donwpipe to a sports cat , new airfilter and new fuel pump...so need the ecu tweeking to take for these upgrades....RSR..where are you based?

Also keep in mind.

Anyone that has an Ecutek remap/licence.

The map itself cannot be read. The ecu is reflashed with a map/adjusted file.

So any mapper cannot read or download the previous map as a starting point.

If another mapper or company is asked to map an already licenced ecu. (Not a PPP pack one)

They are starting from scratch.

We are based in Co Meath

Dave

Also keep in mind.

Anyone that has an Ecutek remap/licence.

The map itself cannot be read. The ecu is reflashed with a map/adjusted file.

So any mapper cannot read or download the previous map as a starting point.

If another mapper or company is asked to map an already licenced ecu. (Not a PPP pack one)

They are starting from scratch

We are based in Co Meath

Dave

Another Mapper can modify the file that was originally created but that is up to the previous mappers discretion if he wants to supply this ,but it is doable sometimes ?
At least thats what I was told regarding remapping my car
he would send me the file for the next lad to do
Personally i think this whole keeping files and not sharing them between mappers is the downside of going ECUTEK
if you decide to change mappers (witch most owners do in ownership of there car) it ultimately will end up costing you more every time than the open source equivalent
Personally if I was getting my car mapped ECUTEK again then obtaining a copy of the remap file used would be a deal breaker so i had the freedom to go elsewhere again without the additional several hundred euro cost (or whatever extra)
I know you still save 220 euro on the Licence its self on any ECU that has been previously mapped with a ECUTEK Reflash as the licence stays with the ECU and you still get it 220 euro cheaper than someone whos car wasn't ecutekd before
but I think that customers should consider this when mapping
Am I wrong ?

The PPP pack although supported by Ecutek for Prodrive is not an Ecutek licence in the normal sense.

It was a exclusive licence between ECUTEK and Prodrive up to 2001 cars weren't locked so no need to pay for a licence on them
They started locking them after that

Ok so how do I go about remapping my PPP ecu? Are you saying it doesnt need to be ecutek etc, if not then what approach is required and what are the costs? Thanks

open source will be cheaper as you have to pay for a ECUTEK licence
Dave does both and has a Excellent Mapper he uses and im sure can assist

Like That 355 euro aint bad either shame it doesn't cover all versions

ProECU Programming Kit

Overview

THE ProECU Programming Kit can be used by car enthusiasts and owner clubs alike to both diagnose and program a wide variety of vehicles. ProECU Programming Kits can be purchased through any EcuTek Master Tuner.

At its simplest, the programming kit can be used for diagnostics and data-logging. However, its most impressive feature is to allow EcuTek Master Tuners to remotely tune customer vehicles. The Master Tuner supplies suitable ROM files to the vehicle owner, who can use the kit to program these ROM files into their own car. If any fine tuning is required, the customer can data-log the car and send the logs to the Master Tuner for their scrutiny and advice.

Oldkit50-(1).png.aspx
newkit80-(1).png.aspx

The ProECU Programming Kit: the old-style kit in a hard case (left) alongside the latest soft-pouch kit

The ProECU Programming Kit currently allows ROM-file viewing or editing for only the Subaru BRZ Toyota FT86 Scion FR-S and Mazda MX-5 Miata vehicle models. The ProECU Programming Kit provides data-logging and programming of ROMs provided by a Master Tuner for all other supported vehicles.

ProECU MX-5 **NEW**

ProECU MX-5 is the FREE addition to the ProECU Programming Kit that enable owners to tune their own Mazda MX-5/ Miatacars using our ProECU software.

Click here for more information

ProECU BRZ

ProECU BRZ is the FREE addition to the ProECU Programming Kit that enable owners to tune their own Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S/Toyota GT-86cars using our ProECU software.

Click here for more information

Diagnostics & Data Logging

The ProECU Programming Kit comes bundled with data-logging for vehicles that you program with the aid of the EcuTek Master Tuner. EcuTek's ProECU Diagnostic Tools for Subaru and Nissan GT-R are also included.
Supported Vehicles

The list of vehicles supported by the ProECU Programming Kit is constantly growing. It will be added to as EcuTek develop support for further vehicles.
ECU Programming

Each ECU programmed will require a flash license, which is supplied along with your ROM files by your chosen EcuTek Master Tuner. Share a programming kit with your friends or your car club there's no need to buy kits for each vehicle you want to tune! Please note that the ProECU BRZ software is limited by a fair usage policy to the amount of cars it can program.

Tuning Support

As the manufacturer, EcuTek does not directly support retail customers this is done through our network of Master Tuners. All ROM files, tuning and technical queries are handled by your chosen EcuTek Master Tuner.

The exact tuning services offered to the ProECU Retail Customer may be chosen by the EcuTek Master Tuner. However, as a minimum, the Master Tuner must help the customer with any software installation problems, provide a suitable ROM file, help the customer program in the ROM file and verify the tuning has been successful by getting the customer to produce a data log of the running car.
Further Applications

Manufacturers of hardware kits, such as supercharger, turbo and exhaust kits will find the ProECU Programming Kit to be an essential tool for helping their customers achieve the very best end result from any mechanical upgrades to the vehicle. Manufacturers can supply the kit along with their parts, allowing the customer to reprogram their own ECU with a new calibration to perfectly match the supplied hardware upgrades.

It is quite acceptable to loan, rent or hire the programming kits for purposes such as this. The customer can then return the kit for re-use. However, after using the data logging tools, the customer is likely to want to keep their cable, so bear this in mind!

Source
http://www.ecutek.com/Products/Retail/ProECU-Programming-Kit

http://www.gpperformance.eu/ecutek-news/pro-ecu/

Back