GreyScoobyDoo
New member
Hi folks,
Have a 2005 ej16 AWD impreza that just hit the 300,000km mark without any issues. The car was rebuilt by my father and I after sitting for a very long time so it's a very sentimental piece.
I'm basically starting from scratch with no prior knowledge as to who's the best or what's the best way to approach an ej16 rebuild ! I've a budget of about €6,000 and before anyone tries to convince me I don't want an engine swap or any larger turbo'd block in as I want to keep the car at its peak reliability for another 300,000 (it's served us well having just come back from a scottish highland road trip in which it drove 16+ hours without missing a beat at high and low revs)
If anyone can recommend anyone or a garage in particular that would be their bread and butter with this job as well as what to upgrade/improve on the rebuild of a budget this size
Cheers!
Have a 2005 ej16 AWD impreza that just hit the 300,000km mark without any issues. The car was rebuilt by my father and I after sitting for a very long time so it's a very sentimental piece.
I'm basically starting from scratch with no prior knowledge as to who's the best or what's the best way to approach an ej16 rebuild ! I've a budget of about €6,000 and before anyone tries to convince me I don't want an engine swap or any larger turbo'd block in as I want to keep the car at its peak reliability for another 300,000 (it's served us well having just come back from a scottish highland road trip in which it drove 16+ hours without missing a beat at high and low revs)
If anyone can recommend anyone or a garage in particular that would be their bread and butter with this job as well as what to upgrade/improve on the rebuild of a budget this size
Cheers!