Evo 7 Recaros in the STI

enda

One thing I think letting down the STi is teh seats, they are shocking... dont hold like recaros at all, and the Evo 7 Recaros have the closest colour scheme to the sti (black/blue) and dont cost an arm and a leg..

Would anybody know anyone that could make seat rails to fit ? OR know anybody that has done similar ?

Seen on US forums a slider that could be bought but it was working out near 300 delivered which is the price of the seats nearly!

http://osakajdmmotors.com/images/part/large/119-evo_7_recaro_1.jpg

I put a set of Ralliart Recaros in my Sti last year. Picked up a pair of bog standard Subaru seats from crashed 2005 Subaru for €50.
Took off rails and fitted same to Recaros. Worked very well and have STI seats sitting on original rails in case I sell car.
Seats are 100% better than STI seats imho. Prev had Evo9 so I knew how good the seats were.

I put a set of Ralliart Recaros in my Sti last year. Picked up a pair of bog standard Subaru seats from crashed 2005 Subaru for €50.
Took off rails and fitted same to Recaros. Worked very well and have STI seats sitting on original rails in case I sell car.
Seats are 100% better than STI seats imho. Prev had Evo9 so I knew how good the seats were.

So the standard 2005 Sti rails fitted the Recaros ? Dont think the seat was different from my 2003 blob Sti ?

Think all recaros ive seen had the same 6 bolt mounts on the bottom.

That's a great idea, that will look very well! And completely agree my blob sti seats are sh*t aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have recaro seats from an accord type r in the legacy . There a great seat and also no ware on the bolster . Subaru seats are 2 wide I size does not fit all :hand::thumbsup:

I have recaro seats from an accord type r in the legacy . There a great seat and also no ware on the bolster . Subaru seats are 2 wide I size does not fit all :hand::thumbsup:

Did they bolt up to the legacy rails ?

Pretty sure recaros all have the same 6 bolts underneath, if they bolted up to the STi rails that would be deadly!

Also, its mad that they have an even wider version seat for the USDM market !

:lolpoint: Good 1 :icon_biggrin:.

Had had to make up brackets and fit them to the rails as there not a straight forward fit :thumbsup:

Back