Front Pinion replacement

Love that Turbo

ISDC Club Member
The mechanic I had some work done has told me
"the front diff is skipping in that I'd say the pinion teeth are gone it"
How expensive is it to get this done and any suggestions in the Louth area to get it done.

Still searching for a mechanic that suits my needs

I mainly drive the car with the DCCD fully open so majority to the back.
Need to get it sorted prior to the winter as then will be mainly 50/50 when I take it out.

The front pinion cannot just dissapear out of the box, so there has to be signs of its demise in the oil etc etc.

Tell us the work he carried out on the car?

And did you notice this before it went in? And can you notice it now or have you driven it?

I'm going to pop over to Joe next week for a second opinion. I'm not convinced.
Could always feel it skipped but I just assumed it was the fact it had a front LSD.

You say you're looking for a mechanic to meet your needs, have you talked to Kevin doran ? I've had him work on my car setting up the geometry before going to the ring and he done an amazing job as done a few others cars too

You say you're looking for a mechanic to meet your needs, have you talked to Kevin doran ? I've had him work on my car setting up the geometry before going to the ring and he done an amazing job as done a few others cars too
Car is due to go into him once I put some miles on the car. Had a few niggles with it. But definitely a good idea 👍

Once nothing else comes up with the car, I had a horrible run with a few simple things I got done to get it though the NCT but has been good since (apart from my worry about the pinion).
Will run it for a few more weeks and then book it in for a setup and can have a chat.
Great suggestion as never though of it 👍

Reminds me man...and a few lads here may remember too, I had a WRX back around 2018 or so.. I went changing the gearbox and diff oil, and when draining it, a piece or cog came out 😭🤣
Filled her up, and drove her on, no issues at all 🤣🤣

Checked this morning and still got over 1k miles so far. Going to give it another few weeks and then booking it in for a proper alignment.

Back