Header tank cap for Impreza

jimgti

Hi All,

I think I need a new cap for my header tank, as the rubber has a tear and thought had a small spill of coolant on side of tank. I did refresh the coolant last weekend so spill may be from that, but want to get a new cap to be sure.

Just wondering is it the same one as for the radiator? I could swap it and test, but if open the rad cap will that leak coolant as header tank is higher? So would rather avoid if possible.

Thanks.

Don't quote me but the rad/header caps are different. I have the metal tank and use the STI pink cap. I had the same issue as you. I had mine in a nice black finish but the coolant spilled and tore up the paint. :new_puppy_dog_eyes:

Last edited:
Don't quote me but the rad/header caps are different. I have the metal tank and use the STI pink cap. I had the same issue as you. I had mine in a nice black but the coolant spilled and tore up the paint. :new_puppy_dog_eyes:

Cheers man. I bit the bullet and ordered it off Subaru. There were cheap and cheerful radiator caps on line but wanted to be sure to get the right one.

Back