Hi there guys

maxygaby

Im new here, I just created another post looking for a non turbo subie. Its going to be my first subaru, Im super exited about it. Im thinking about doing a wrx engine swap, its going to be my project for 2025. Wish me luck.

Welcome along πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
2.0L non turbo not very common from what I seen lately, lot are 1.6 tbh. There's one for sale for 20k at the moment but the seller is away with the birds haha πŸ˜„
Starting with a WRX would probably make more sense I think though, would that be an option for you?

Welcome along πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
2.0L non turbo not very common from what I seen lately, lot are 1.6 tbh. There's one for sale for 20k at the moment but the seller is away with the birds haha πŸ˜„
Starting with a WRX would probably make more sense I think though, would that be an option for you?
I would love a wrx but my budget is very limited for the moment. I saw a couple of 2008 hatch 2.0R that would probably work for my project. As far as I understand its actually easier and safer to do an engine swap instead of turboing the na engine. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Welcome along sounds like a interesting project

Usual places fb market donedeal and adverts I'll keep a look out.

The lads in the know will be along in sure but not straight forward process but if your handy then something definitely possible.

Best of luck with search

If it's just down to buget I'd look outside the impreza look at Turbo Foresters or mabay legacy depending on model can still be very good value and 99% or the turbo buzz.

Start off with a Turbo improve and enjoy it from thereπŸ‘

Welcome along πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
Do you know if the 1.6 shares the same tranny with the 2.0 wrx? (assuming that 1.6 is also awd) Because if I'm looking to do engine swap I wouldn't mind the engine as long as I dont have to swap the tranny as well.

Do you know if the 1.6 shares the same tranny with the 2.0 wrx? (assuming that 1.6 is also awd) Because if I'm looking to do engine swap I wouldn't mind the engine as long as I dont have to swap the tranny as well.
I've no idea man tbh, there was a member who done it here but its a few years ago now
Started with a 2.0L RX hawkeye and converted using bugeye WRX running gear
They might both be 5 speed but I'm not sure are they the same box
Someone will know though.

But, as said above, a turbo forester or B4 Legacy might be worth a gawk too, I started out in a B4 Legacy, much cheaper than a WRX, probably around the same price as a 2.0L RX hawkeye, and you have 280bhp and AWD as standard. Much easier insure and stuff too.

If you can do a lot of the conversion yourself it might not be too bad, but if your paying someone, between buying the engine, turbo, intercooler, Injectors, boost control solenoid, exhaust manifold, gearbox, ECU etc etc you'll have the price of a WRX spent to be honest.

Either way, be great reading on the process whatever you decide to do, keep your options open though be my advice πŸ˜‰ πŸ‘Œ

Your very welcome max,

Best of luck with the engine swap, beyond my capabilities so can't help thereπŸ‘

I've no idea man tbh, there was a member who done it here but its a few years ago now
Started with a 2.0L RX hawkeye and converted using bugeye WRX running gear
They might both be 5 speed but I'm not sure are they the same box
Someone will know though.

But, as said above, a turbo forester or B4 Legacy might be worth a gawk too, I started out in a B4 Legacy, much cheaper than a WRX, probably around the same price as a 2.0L RX hawkeye, and you have 280bhp and AWD as standard. Much easier insure and stuff too.

If you can do a lot of the conversion yourself it might not be too bad, but if your paying someone, between buying the engine, turbo, intercooler, Injectors, boost control solenoid, exhaust manifold, gearbox, ECU etc etc you'll have the price of a WRX spent to be honest.

Either way, be great reading on the process whatever you decide to do, keep your options open though be my advice πŸ˜‰ πŸ‘Œ
Thank you for that Pedro. I have some abilities with cars and also I have a friend who's full qualified mechanic and he is going to help me in this process. I know it's going to be hard but definitely not impossible. I'll keep you posted. By the way Pedro, where are you from?.

Back