Hmmmm interesting

ya, no point chasing it for the sake of 80 quid. On the other hand if you were on 8 or 10 points it could make a huge difference to have a couple of them rescinded.

I deserve every one of the 4 points I have, Even though they were for doing 130kph on the 100kph N7 past rathcoole :wall:
Point is, I know when I am speeding, that I am doing something wrong, although it is perfectly safe, and I am more alert at 150kph than I would be at 100 kph, but it is still against the law!!
So I except any points I get, fair play for the heads up though! :thumbsup:
I had 10 points at one stage, I was very well behave for that little while!!
It keeps manners on me!
Dan

You would have to check the summons first to see under which section of the RTA the summons was grounded. Is it worth having a Solicitor look after this for you? Well, if you were convicted under section 5 RTA then you could apply to have the summons struck out, the fine returned and then apply to your insurance company for a refund of the extra you paid because of having the penalty points. Add to this thew fact that you will then be paying a reduced insurance premium for the 3 years you would otherwise have had to pay if the points were not removed and it makes sense for people with points to instruct their Solicitor to look into this for them.

Frawls

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=25062.msg296413#msg296413 date=1279204647]
I deserve every one of the 4 points I have, Even though they were for doing 130kph on the 100kph N7 past rathcoole :wall:
Point is, I know when I am speeding, that I am doing something wrong, although it is perfectly safe, and I am more alert at 150kph than I would be at 100 kph, but it is still against the law!!
So I except any points I get, fair play for the heads up though! :thumbsup:
I had 10 points at one stage, I was very well behave for that little while!!
It keeps manners on me!
Dan
[/quote]

:shock2: ten points Dan, how many did you get since they started. I'd be touchin cloth if I only got two

wouldnt do me much good got my 4 on motorways 2 gone in november though :multijump: was lucky to keep my license when i got dont last time though coming back down the motorway from Athlone running late for work came over a hill at 187 kph and there is a fully marked cop car sidewards on the hard shoulder with the speed gun out :angry1: but i gave him no cheek just said i was late for work and he went and ran my license checked my disc's all up to date came back to me then and goes if i take you to court for this your license is gone straight away i get your late for work but slow down you'll be getting a fine in the post make sure you pay it hopped into his car and drove off i would however like to make it very clear at this point that i would never usually drive at those kinda speeds but i have had several warnings for being late into work

[quote author=dohc_turbo link=topic=25062.msg296481#msg296481 date=1279214525]
What are these point thingys :ponder2:
[/quote]↲its a rewards based scheme the gov brought into action a few years ago. Once you get 12 you get a nice present

[quote author=Paul555RA link=topic=25062.msg296469#msg296469 date=1279212297]
wouldnt do me much good got my 4 on motorways 2 gone in november though :multijump: was lucky to keep my license when i got dont last time though coming back down the motorway from Athlone running late for work came over a hill at 187 kph and there is a fully marked cop car sidewards on the hard shoulder with the speed gun out :angry1: but i gave him no cheek just said i was late for work and he went and ran my license checked my disc's all up to date came back to me then and goes if i take you to court for this your license is gone straight away i get your late for work but slow down you'll be getting a fine in the post make sure you pay it hopped into his car and drove off i would however like to make it very clear at this point that i would never usually drive at those kinda speeds but i have had several warnings for being late into work
[/quote]sounds like u need to leave earlier for work paul :1poke: :1poke:

yeah i know i dont do mornings :new_gmorning: but this was when i was on evenings i was coming back from froggys and running late annoying thing is i would have been on time just if i hadnt been pulled :hammerhead:

[quote author=kbox link=topic=25062.msg296490#msg296490 date=1279219341]
[quote author=dohc_turbo link=topic=25062.msg296481#msg296481 date=1279214525]
What are these point thingys :ponder2:
[/quote]↲its a rewards based scheme the gov brought into action a few years ago. Once you get 12 you get a nice present

[/quote]

i love presents, do i need a car to do this , better get out and have a practice run :dance:

[quote author=Anto J link=topic=25062.msg296458#msg296458 date=1279211372]
:shock2: ten points Dan, how many did you get since they started. I'd be touchin cloth if I only got two
[/quote]

:lol:
I got feckin 6 points in the first week that points came out, 2 sets of 2 points in one journey!
They are gone now,
And I've picked up the last 4 in 2 seperate occasions in the same spot on the N7, I think they are expiring shortly also!
So as long as I behave myself, I'll have no points soon! for the time ever!!
Dan

Think i could try this was coming through a tiny village at 11 o clock tonight on the N17 doing bout 70kph next really bright flash from a parked up van blinded me for a few seconds i spun round to see what it was 07 d white transit then i seen the strobes on the side of it and a camera in the back :angry1: :angry1: i didnt realise they had those unmarked speedo vans over here makes you :puke:

Back