Insurance under 30

Magpie

ISDC Club Member
Hello all
Finally bought my first Subie. Nothing special but I love it. An 01 legacy estate.
I'm 26 and thought insurance would be doable as I insure a focus st250 as a daily.
Oh boy was I wrong. Have gone through the forum to see who you folks use and have called all the insures I can find.
AbbeyAutoline, FBD, Campion want over 30's
AA, first ireland and a few others won't touch Subarus
Can't even do it as a second standard policy with aviva cos I don't have a second policy already with a years no claims
Has anyone any advise as I have exhausted my options
Thanks

Firstly, welcome to the club 🤜🏻🤛🏻
Insurance...yeah. we all go through that every year. Lol
No point doing online quotes.
Best bet is to put a day aside and just phone them ALL lol

Firstly, welcome to the club 🤜🏻🤛🏻
Insurance...yeah. we all go through that every year. Lol
No point doing online quotes.
Best bet is to put a day aside and just phone them ALL lol
Thanks mate.
Yeah I've seen it on other threads no matter the age it seems a hassle to get cover.
Have called a good few at this point but going to explore trade policy as I'm a qualified mechanic

Did you look at classic insurance? I'm sure AbbeyAutoline and Axa do classic policies for cars over 20 years old.

Classic insurance is almost impossible under 30. Believe you me, I tried nearly everywhere that offers it.

I'm 26, got insured last year with Allianz c/o chill.ie for about 1200. Online quotes will probably work, but advice is sit down with a list of every insurer and ring to compare quotes.

Try Campion and Britton. Both of them quoted me on my 03 WRX. It was just under 2k. I have a 07 2 litre non turbo impreza insured with them since August for 810 and ill be ringing them next week to switch the policy over to the WRX so I can let you know how much it goes up.
I'm just gone 26

Thanks so much for all the help, have a couple of hopeful leads now.
Briton and AXA are the two that im banking on.
for AXA i just have to move my daily policy to them first which isnt a massive problem then theyll give me a second policy.
Really wish Id made a list like you said EoinF as Ive acidentally rung a few companies twice.
Thanks again for all the replies the yhave really helped

Back