iPhone network problem

AndyC

ISDC Club Member
Every time I send a text message (starting a new one AND even just replying to ever individual text) I get this message "could not activate cellular data network"

I have 3G, Cellular Data and Data Roaming turned on but still get this message every time.

I read on another forum to go to Settings -->General --> Reset --> Rest Network Settings and that should fix it.

My question is will doing that reset my phone to factory settings and lock my phone to O2 again? (I have it unlocked and jailbroken)

If its jail broken no.. a resest will just reset all the setting in the current iOS.

the only way u will lose the unlock on a jailbreak is if you update to a new version of the iOS.

I did a resest of mine about a month ago.. didnt lose a thing.. but as always backup the iphone 1st in itunes, to be safe.

I went to Settings --> General --> Network --> Cellular Data Network scrolled to the bottom and pressed Reset Settings.

Ive got 3G beside my network signal now. Seems to have work for the moment.

Thats a common problem too that I have read on mac forums.

What software is she running?

[quote author=PatrickBuzzin link=topic=27518.msg321724#msg321724 date=1289060145]
Any of ye havin problems with the alarm? My wifes one won't work since the time change.
[/quote]
There is a new software fix on the way to sort this issue.

easy fix to alarm

delete all alarms that are there, restart your phone and make new ones... no need for update :thumbsup:

this was done by Apple to force people to update so they lose there 4.1 jailbreak.... they are sneaky :clap:

[quote author=PatrickBuzzin link=topic=27518.msg321724#msg321724 date=1289060145]
Any of ye havin problems with the alarm? My wifes one won't work since the time change.
[/quote]

I had a similar problem with the alarm, but mine was, it wouldnt turn off.
I fixed it easy, no update or nothing.

just hop it off the wall, it might turn on, it turned off for me. :thumbsup:

Back