Key fob not working

Hey,

My key fob remote lock/unlock is not working anymore. Thought it might be the battery. Replaced it and worked for a few clicks then stopped working again.

Took apart and cleaned with alcohol but still not working.

Anyone any ideas of next troubleshooting steps?

99 Legacy GTB BH5 (JDM)

Attachments

• PXL_20240814_103839380.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240814_103839380.MP.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20240814_103822614.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240814_103822614.MP.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 8
My own car is doing the same but it's because of a faulty boot latch (which I'll get around to replacing any day now...). Latch gets stuck and you can't lock/unlock with the fob. Weirdly it works fine with the key in the door and once I lock/unlock once or twice I can lock away with the fob again as normal for another while. I guess check everything is locking right and not getting stuck like mine does?

Maybe a bit obvious but do you have a second key? If that works grand ignore all the above.

Try a different battery as Iv noticed the expensive branded ones don’t work only the cheap ones . Maybe it’s too much voltage or something but that’s what Iv found

W
My own car is doing the same but it's because of a faulty boot latch (which I'll get around to replacing any day now...). Latch gets stuck and you can't lock/unlock with the fob. Weirdly it works fine with the key in the door and once I lock/unlock once or twice I can lock away with the fob again as normal for another while. I guess check everything is locking right and not getting stuck like mine does?

Maybe a bit obvious but do you have a second key? If that works grand ignore all the above.
Went down and tried that and no joy. Only have the one key unfortunately.
I have noticed that the boot light on the dash comes on the odd time when the boot is fully closed is this what you've seen too? Been ignoring it because reclosing it seems to make the light go away 😂

Try a different battery as Iv noticed the expensive branded ones don’t work only the cheap ones . Maybe it’s too much voltage or something but that’s what Iv found
I'll try this and see. Do you know where you get yours? Most shops have Duracell or similar

I'll try this and see. Do you know where you get yours? Most shops have Duracell or similar
I have had this issue many times, agree with scoobysub but in reverse for me. Cheaper batteries wouldn't work in volvo key fob but more expensive did

Bring it to likes of lock doctor, key centre, any of those crowd. Loads around and for 10 euro they will test signal and fit new battery for you. 👍

Back