Lambda sheared in exhaust

darraghl

ISDC Club Member
Hi all,
Had my nct recently and I failed on emissions with a 200 cell sports cat,low idle was fine but high idle was 0.48% should be below 0.20%...so last night I went about changing back to the standard cat,and of course murphys law meant that the threaded piece of the sensor sheared off but my question is, is there not more of a threaded barrell supposed to be on the pipe for the lambda to screw into?
Thanks
1000015797.jpg

Depends on the maker as some just weld a bolt on over the hole and others weld a full plate and bolt .

Just be carefull welding on different nut as the top of the sensor will be too short to reach the flow of exhaust gases that’s why it’s usually as shallow nut

Last edited:
Thanks...but my problem is there was no nut or barrell there,the lambda actually threaded onto this bare bit of a skin...and sheared when I went to give it a squeeze🫣

Never seen that before you sure it’s not on the lamba or fallen down between the car And heat shield.
Even the cheap ones have some sort of nut there
And that’s on sports cat 🤦‍♀️

Yeah its strange,the picture is of the standard cat..I thought there would be something there,

There was but it rung off you can see the mark around it where it use to be

Back