M3 Motorway

scooby1wrx

Petrolheads
Went to see a guy about a dog last night in the arse hole of meath, took the new motorway and there is two fookin toll's at €1.30 a pop, :angry1:
but just as you get near navan the road is coverd for a couple of miles with rings, them crazy rear wheel bandits :049:

Hello Lads,

I used it today to go to a car show in Cavan :thumbsup:

1 Hour from Dublin to Cavan, €2.60 for the two tolls in total - Worth it IMO :thumbsup:

It takes a lot of time off this journey :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

As Michael has said..... 1hour and 2.60 in tolls
or up to 3 hours driving on the old crappy roads.......
Cheaper to use the Motorway and pay the tolls in my opinion!!!!!

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=24456.msg290241#msg290241 date=1277067724]
As Michael has said..... 1hour and 2.60 in tolls
or up to 3 hours driving on the old crappy roads.......
Cheaper to use the Motorway and pay the tolls in my opinion!!!!!
[/quote]

Not just the crappy roads but the town you've to pass through and traffic, you save on juice :thumbsup:

@ michael , did u think the distance between the two tolls is a bit close together , jus seemed like your only leavin one to be told theres another jus up the road . :dontknow:

but yeah , class road , serious cut on journey time and stress of traffic , doesnt seem to be over busy tho :dontknow:

worth the expense i think. Takes about 20mins to get to blanch now from kells which used to take an hour if not more with traffic

Why do we bother payin road tax when every decent road in the country has a toll ,

and as for the back roads , obviously the motor tax isnt been put back into them for sure ,

I agree the new roads are worth the toll but what are our motor tax fees goin into ? Brian Cowens pocket ?

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=24456.msg290570#msg290570 date=1277146585]
Why do we bother payin road tax when every decent road in the country has a toll ,

and as for the back roads , obviously the motor tax isnt been put back into them for sure ,

I agree the new roads are worth the toll but what are our motor tax fees goin into ? Brian Cowens pocket ?
[/quote]

Well in fairness Tommy thats a fairly big suit Cowen weres so it must have big pockets!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It really is a great road though. Will save us hours headin to the night meets!!! :icon_headbang:

Yeah two tolls but if your coming from south dublin m50 the toll at blanc is another 3.00 euros.
was on it last week great road, but 3 tolls imo to much :thumbsup:

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=24456.msg290570#msg290570 date=1277146585]

[/quote]

Was going through Tuam yesterday and the road surface is terrible. Shake the shite of ya and that's in an astra lol

Thats why i got the little run around , main road thru arklow is like something out of the wild west , the bangs and clatters from the car does do my head in , rather run the little 106 into the ground than put the impreza thru it all , dont fancy shelling out for busted shocks and shagged tyres/wheels come nct time next january

Why is there 2 tolls on it? Surely if you are paying a toll to travel a road, then you can travel the full road? And I'm suprised everyone thinks its so great, think of the people spending €5.20 a day just to get to work if they want to use a road that their motor tax should rightly allow them to use!! And as for better mpg, I always find i get worse mpg on the motorway than travelling the normal N and R roads.. Fair enough for people using it once a month or whatever, its feckin great but it'll rape the daily commute drivers... My missus goes the M50 everyday now at a cost of about €100 per month... for a bridge thats paid for itself 20 times over... :angry1: :angry1:

I personally think every toll should be like the M50 toll, reg recognition... Then once the road/bridge has paid for itself, take it down and start building a new road somewhere else and do the same...

I think the 2 tolls are to try and avoid what happens on the M1 were people drive through Julianstown and Drogheda to avoid the toll. Sure on the M1 if i want to get on the motorway to head north at the slip road thats only a few hundred metres away from my house i've to pay, same if i'm getting off it, all because i wouldn't be going through the normal toll bridge. Agree with what Robbie's saying, once there paid for get rid of them, but the government and private companies are onto too much of a winner with them.

Road-building projects are paid for out of the capital budget. The government use public/private partnerships to cut the cost of building new roads, they then allow the private elment of these partnerships to cream the profits off the tolls on the roads.

Some of the motor tax we pay should go towards capital road projects thereby reducing the need for tolls. Unfortunately the government has always needed that money for current spending to balance the books. The good news for them is that they can then screw the motorist again for tolls!!

:angry1:

Back