My new ride!

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
hopefully save a few quid on juice cycling to work 3 times a week. 30k round trip to work. Fight the flab! Got the bike on the bike to work scheme, cost 1100 but 1000 of that will be covered under the scheme. Very well spec'ed bike for the price, similar spec specialized and Giant were 300-400 euro more. Cube are German made bikes so its a quality bit of kit.

Anyone else cycle to work? Looking for some good off-roading spots in the Dublin mountains, need to get myself a roof rack to stick the bike on first though to take it too the hills!

Spec: :thumbsup:

Cube Race LTD hardtail MTB
White Metal Green 114001
Aluminium Superlite AMF 7005 Double Butted, RFR-Geometry
Rock Shox Reba SL 100mm, Motion Control, PopLoc
Easton EA30 Oversized
Easton EA30 Lowriser Oversized
Shimano Deore XT RD-M772 Shadow
Shimano Deore XT FD-M770, Top Swing, 34.9mm
Shimano SLX SL-M660 Rapidfire-Plus, 9-speed
Formula RX hydraulic Discbrakes (180/160mm)
Shimano Deore FC-M532 2-Piece 44x32x22, 175mm, Integrated BB
Shimano CS-HG50 11-32, 9-speed
Shimano CN-HG53 108 links
Sunringlé Ryde XMB Wheelset
Schwalbe Nobby Nic Performance 2.25

Some road tyres gone on tonight to help reduce the rolling resistance. Got up to 41kmh down the Knockmaroon hill yesterday, its a bitch of a hill to get back up though!

cube1l.jpg

Very nice!
Be sure to get her mapped though! For reliablity!
:lol: :lol:
Dan

Id love to start cycling into work.......
problem is its illegal to cycle on motorways and its a long oul treck from Carlow - Sandyford every morning......

Nice bike tho

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=25041.msg296130#msg296130 date=1279064350]
Very nice!
Be sure to get her mapped though! For reliablity!
:lol: :lol:
Dan
[/quote]
ye going to get simtek with launch control on it.mignt need to upgrade the brakes though to handle the extra power!

Savage looking bike and some piece of kit on her. :thumbsup:

Thought it was a Garda bike at first.

How does the bike to work scheme work Dan.

nice ride Dan! how does it work? do you pay it up fort and then claim it back? any details would be appreciated

im dyin to get back on a bike. i had a loan of a brand new mountain bike and just as i was about to start using it the lad that owned it took it back. the distance from rush to finglas where i work might be a bit too much at first but ied deffo have a go. the keith lad might know more about this scheme.

Few things you need to do:

1. so you need to check with your employer first if they are participating in the scheme.
2. print out a quotation form from the third party company involved (mine was with Bike to work ltd)
3. pick out your bike/accessories in bike shop, up to the value of 1000 euro if you don't want to pay anything in advance. Keith Dublin has a great range of bikes for you Dublin lads so i would recommend him ( P+K cycles)
4. You need to sign salary sacrifice agreement between you and your employer, so you pay for the cost of bike over 12 months, approx 40 euro pm you only work out paying roughly have the price of the bike up to 1000 euro.
5. submit quotation through third party site, wait for voucher, mine took 3 weeks.
6. when you get your voucher contact bike shop and arrange collection of bike.

think thats all that needed to be done.

more info here:

http://www.biketowork.ie/site/

Very nice bike Dan. Perhaps childish but I did laugh when I read nobby nic on the tyres :lol:

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=25041.msg296225#msg296225 date=1279124669]
Very nice bike Dan. Perhaps childish but I did laugh when I read nobby nic on the tyres :lol:
[/quote]

ye me too! they have already been swapped off and will only be put back on for offroad use!

Back