NCT failed emissions twice now

Love that Turbo

ISDC Club Member
So the first test I knew the turbo up pipe was leaking but had a nice SS to go into it so wasn't surprised when it failed.
Just back from the second test and failed again
This is that latest fail.

Attachments

• IMG-20240530-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20240530-WA0006.jpeg
    878.3 KB · Views: 19
Going to throw a new Lambda at it after speaking to Joe who has spent a lot of time fixing all the rust issues it had (he did an amazing job btw when it's though the NCT I'll start a blog on its journey so far)

More heat needed on arrival!!

From experience that doesn’t work, replace the air fuel lambda.. assuming you’ve cat & sealed exhaust System.

They take major heat to pass.

Go again.
Temps seem low on the sheet 👍🏻

No just give it a good blast every now and then even when cruising no harm do it in lower gear and higher rev for a bit coming near test centre. When I was buying car I had this exact problem,in fairness the seller was sound and wouldn't sell to me until it was sorted. Changed plugs 1st,then new lamba and sealed centre to rear section of exhaust and put in a better condition cat. Eventually passed. When I was nctn car last July,I had 25,30 min drive to test centre. I drove it easy leaving house but then harder where I could and coming near test centre I drove it at lower gear with higher revs. After test I asked the tester how did emissions go any issues,no it passed emissions in literally 10seconds he said(just to note they took my car in straight away while cat was still piping hot)

Well was in earlier and went for a blast prior to the test. Cat was ticking went I arrived (in a good hot way)
And taken straight in and it passed. Can't explain how happy I am.
Class, you can't beat a good stretch for it before the test. Still, another one to go before the 2-year test :)

Does it switch to 2 years after 30 year's?
That would be great.
I went to Dunleer first by the old road and then motorway back. Even came off on one of the exits so I could blast it just before having to stop.
It's like Xmas

Was sitting there when they were doing the high idle and counting the seconds, thinking that's way more than 10. It's failed, it's definitely failed.
So was a wonderful surprise when it's passed. The emissions where so much lower with a bit of heat and a new sensor

Was it lambda or one of the oxygen sensors you replaced? Great to hear, new oxygen sensor in mine now, the one on the up pipe, so hopefully that's my fix 😀

Was sitting there when they were doing the high idle and counting the seconds, thinking that's way more than 10. It's failed, it's definitely failed.
So was a wonderful surprise when it's passed. The emissions where so much lower with a bit of heat and a new sensor
Haha sitting there counting away sweating it:LOL: nct fella told me literally ten seconds it took on mine but to honesthe seemed genuinely so blown away with the car that I think he of passed it if flames where coming out of it:LOL:nct centres are dame as speed camera van's just money maker's for government and their cronies. Whole system a joke but least you got the bit of paper for the windscreen for another year happy day's 😊

Back