Nexus S

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=27967.msg326699#msg326699 date=1291655747]
Seem pretty much standard HTC spec..why would I buy this over a HTC?
[/quote]

ginger bread 2.3 on it, NFC technology(might be useful in the near future) slightly better Hummingbird processor, great screen.

I'll be getting one for free so its definitely an improvement over my Nexus One!

But gingerbread is being pushed to the nexus one in the next few days anyway :dontknow:

Whats this NFC about Dan?

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=27967.msg326733#msg326733 date=1291665071]
But gingerbread is being pushed to the nexus one in the next few days anyway :dontknow:

Whats this NFC about Dan?
[/quote]

I dont think you will see gingerbread across the board probably until January, i could be wrong on that. I already have it on my Nexs one, last few weeks. NFC( near field communication) basically is a technology that uses small micro chips embedded in posters and objects etc that when you wave your phone over it, it will bring up info/description etc about product/service in question, has a huge marketing potential and probably be standard "feature" on most new smartphones

This NFC Dan...is this the same tech they use in the oyster cards?

Could we be using our phones when getting on trains and buses within a couple of years?

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=27967.msg327309#msg327309 date=1291978773]
This NFC Dan...is this the same tech they use in the oyster cards?

Could we be using our phones when getting on trains and buses within a couple of years?
[/quote]

thats the one, its not a new technology, but new in phones! could use your phone to pay for stuff etc and so on in the future. Im telling ya we will be going to work in hover cars next!

Back