NPS

Brian JDM

ISDC Club Member
Hi all any ideas for replacing my NPS my local mechanic  had a go last Saturday but said he was afraid he'd break it as it was to tight to open it and needs to be replaced before I go to Af performance in 3 weeks so he recommends or I'll just have to take a chance unless anyone has any advice as my mechanic said I could go back this week and try myself

there never that tight just awkward to get to as on the top of the box but it’s usually a 30min job on a lift
You can check on live data that it’s working but it can still turn on and off on the rollers as Iv had it before so always best to change it 👍

there never that tight just awkward to get to as on the top of the box but it’s usually a 30min job on a lift
You can check on live data that it’s working but it can still turn on and off on the rollers as Iv had it before so always best to change it 👍
I need it changed alright its a long way to Galway for nothing if it doesn't work properly

There's a nack...might have been you telling me @scoobysub but is there a thing where you can crack nuts on the box or something that can be done to get more access? I remember trying it at home with brother in law, but just backed out because of no lift thing and pawned it off to get done lol

Its a 6 speed the mechanic seems to think he had a good grip on it but didn't want to break it
It's just awkward to get up at as little space but manageable, get a stubby spanner give it a crack and take it out. As scoobysub it's a part needs replacing as will cause an issue on the rollers but I doubt it'll break as you're getting the spanner on the hex part or whatever it's called

It's just awkward to get up at as little space but manageable, get a stubby spanner give it a crack and take it out. As scoobysub it's a part needs replacing as will cause an issue on the rollers but I doubt it'll break as you're getting the spanner on the hex part or whatever it's called
I was just on to Larkins hes going to save the day and do it before i go to Af and i need a drive shaft as well so the money pit continues for now lol but after this it'll be perfect but i did ask my local mechanic if i got a crow spanner and he didn't think it would make a difference I'll leave this one for Larkin you can't fix them yourself all the time

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240910_133403_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240910_133403_Chrome.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 6
I was just on to Larkins hes going to save the day and do it before i go to Af and i need a drive shaft as well so the money pit continues for now lol but after this it'll be perfect but i did ask my local mechanic if i got a crow spanner and he didn't think it would make a difference I'll leave this one for Larkin you can't fix them yourself all the time
It's a short spanner you need not a crowfoot type but if Larkin is gonna do it you'll be sorted 👍

Last edited:
Good call, just drop it get her done, and get her mapped. You'll be delighted driving it after AP gets his hands on it lol

Ciaran will sort it 👍👍 you makev sure the spark plugs are new or fairly new
Ngk pfr7b
And a new fuel pump and your sorted 👍👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Back