off to oz

COTSYSTI

Sunday Drivers
Lads off to oz in january for a year has anyone ever been. Starting off in sydney then see what happens from there.

Hey dude,

Was over there 2 years ago. Didnt do the year thing but went for 5 weeks, and managed to get a good bit in. Melbourne is a cracking city and brisbane is good too. Only spent a few days in Sydney and wasnt as impressed with it asMelbourne. It was almost like being at home coz there was so many irish around, especially around Bondi . Only difference was the good weather!!!!

Meself and the lady drove from Melbourne to brisbane and met mates along the way in Byron bay (great place!). If you have the cash, drive around to different places and see as much as you can. If you're going over to work, work for 8-9 months, save some cash and, again, see all you can. A lad i know went over a few years ago and stayed in Sydney most of the time and pi55ed all his cash away with some mates. He reckoned i saw more of the country than him!

Best of luck. You'll have a blast :thumbsup:

going over with the misses so wont blow me cash like i would if i was with the lads. heading over to work and travel. were starting off in sydney maybe 2-3 months then see what happens from there.

While in sydney make sure ya check out the wednesday night drag racin at eastern creek its on every week from 5.30pm to 10pm great crack savage cars also try and do canberra while over there lovely city and as above melbourne is lovely too

I recommend Melbourne, easier to get on... people are friendlier, less competition for jobs.

Totally agree with GT Pedar, I would stay away from backpacker haunts and other Irish, they have a bad reputation in Sydney, leaving jobs ,wrecking houses..Bondi especially> my advice stay away...its 8 years since Ive been there but my brother and friends are still out there and they say its got worse not better.
I went with my missus at the time as well and saw everything ...to be honest with you you'll have better sessions up the coast in sufers paradise, byron bay.. and up as far as cairns...you''l have better sessions with strangers....why anyone wants to go half way around the world and spend all there time with dipsh!ts you meet every day in Ireland is beyond me.... Swedish birds....top less dancing on tables ...beach parties...fcuking best time of my life...so my advice....get there work hard, be respectful save your money and go up the east coast..... Frazer island...whitsunday islands.. green island...amazing sh!t to see...scuba diving on the barrier reef and wild parties.....if you do it right you'll have memories for a life time

Back