P1 with Launch Control

fu*k that
drool.gif

ya thats anti lag ,alan you plonker.sweet all the same

Launch control is when some electronic do-dad senses wheel slip and reduces power - either to that wheel or across the board. The more sophisticated launch control systems also apply that wheels brake to stop the spinning.

So - Imagine at a Pro-Solo sitting at the tree, right foot to the floor, engine bouncing off a 2 step rev limiter, your boost guage showing 14psi of boost. At the appropiate time, you press a button on the steering wheel that "drops the clutch" exactly the same each time and you pull away from the line using maximum torque and not bog the engine. As you are accellerating your launch control/traction control module is monitoring wheel speeds and is delivering the absolute maximum traction your drive wheels can hold (while you are still foot to the floor) and reduces power just enough if it senses too much wheel slip. Imagine the 60' times...

As you are going around the course, your LC/TC never shuts off so anytime the wheels slip it can catch them for you. Again, foot to the floor and you are letting the computer contol how much power to deliver.

Once someone get all this sorted and others lemming onto it, I think we are going to have some real fun in these classes. 

Anti-lag doesn't quite work in the method that I described. I have a lot of experience with both ALS and launch control, mainly in rally applications. What you described is launch control when used with a traction control system. Generally "launch-control" is called a 2-step or stutter box, etc. Things of course are getting more and more advanced these days and more falls under just the guise of "launch control", like the SMG BMWs which combine the two to pull off perfect launches. Generally speaking though when you are looking at a standalone ECU system, launch control is a 2-step rev limiter.
:dunno:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Lag_System

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Launch_control_(automotive)

thats Active stability management

with launch control, you put your foot to the floor and it holds the revs (say 4000 rpm for instance) then you just whap up the clutch and away you go! hard on clutches though. i think with the newer WRC cars you just switch on launch control, put it in first gear, and take your foot off the clutch. then when you rev the car to a certain amount of revs the clutch automatically engages, and some even automatically pull second gear for you at the perfect time! good for getting off the line quick!

[quote author=Anton M link=topic=3866.msg39874#msg39874 date=1191536607]
I don't know much about it so I looked up the Wikipidea... :ponder:
[/quote]

wikipedia is about as reliable for info as a drunk alzimers patient

[quote author=johnny5 link=topic=3866.msg39853#msg39853 date=1191534051]
ya thats anti lag ,alan you plonker.sweet all the same
[/quote]
It's a launch control system he just got fitted..... That's what happens when he sits there before launching....

Alan

Back