Passed NCT

WagonVersion6

Wagon passed NCT this evening. For the 2nd year in a row the nct fella(different fella this time) came out shaking his head in amazement at the condition of the car. It's like a new car he said. Couldn't get over the underneath of it. It will reluctantly be going up on dd again in coming days. Only reason for sale is I have another rare JDM classic car and I don't have time or use for both. The wagon is a serious car,looks the part,drives and handles unbelievably and iv just spent over 1k on part's and service only a month ago(all part's got from Ali Burrows) done approx 500kms since NCT last year. Price will be close to 24k worth every single cent IMO as everywhere I go in it,it turns heads and gets compliments galore. I'd like to see it go to a good home as it really is my pride and joy. If anybody in the club is interested in a rare impreza classic that will put a big smile on your face when driving it and hold it's value or knows of anybody that might be interested this is the car. Hope everybody is keeping well and has a good wkend,stay safe.

Unfortunately there’s not many peeple spending that type of money on a wagon . It’s a great car and probably 1 of the best and cleanest in the country but 24k is a big chunk of cash
Yes I know if you wanted 1 from Japan and vrt and all that but the bottom line is the market is tiny for a 24k wagon .
You might have to sit on it till it’s 30 years old and there might be a market then but with classic vrt then it will make them cheaper to import
If you don’t need to sell the stick at 24 you might find the right customer if you need to sell then I’d lower the price to 17-18

most people are Money poor and 90% of car sales for the last few years are pcp or finance so it’s only a monthly payment going out .

I’m not knocking your car it’s a great car but the market has changed

Market has changed big time for sure,I think its the 30 year rule that's doing that. Fellas and girls that dreamed of owing that 90s jdm classic are now able to make that dream a reality and as the year's go buy and we get into the more desirable mid-late 90s car's the market will change a whole pile more too. Car's aren't shifting unless they are for walking around money,as it's known,or it's a desirable/rare type of car. Example twin cam or maybe mint S13 etc still with that said and done as the old saying goes,you pay for what you get. You can buy your dream car for 15k circa and it may be clean and driving fine but overall the bodywork may be in need of tlc and mechanically it may need a few bit's and pieces(good luck trying source some of them going forward)be4 you know it you've another couple grand spent trying to get it right as the man says. Or you can,if it's affordable to the person,splash out for the car to be able to sit in and drive and not have to worry about a thing. Prices on some car's on dd are bat sh*t crazy. Weather they are selling for that or not I dunno. Deane motors has a black wagon up for 22,995 and a white one was online for same price not so long ago. Both very nice clean looking car's. But it's like owning a Tommie Makkinen and saying it's a white one. If you want a rare impreza,that is in exceptional condition for 24yrs old,something that will stand out from the crowd no matter where you go,cus the crowd are all driving the same thing at the end of the day,then what I have is the car. Brought it to Donegal rally this year for wkend. I'm not exaggerating when I say the amount of people on stages that commented on how clean/nice looking/rare the car is. It's not brand new but for 24yrs old it would put alot of newer car's to shame. I really don't want to sell and thankfully I'm not under massive financial pressure. My two main problems are storage(like my cars stored under covers always when not in use very fussy I am not a bad thing though)and iv another extremely rare JDM car that iv been getting restored for year's and it's near completion needs a small bit to finish it.They are my reasons for selling free up storage and free up cash flow. If I don't get a price I'm happy with car will remain with me. Simple as. I won't be looseing sleep over that.

There is not huge love for wagons in this country which is a shame , always slower sell then saloon or 2dr.

Most classic impreza buyers in ireland want a fixer upper and wont pay the money for a real good car , they then try tidy it up , which costs more in the long run.
The black wagon in deanes i imported , its excellent car prep to a high standard with warranty , low milage and limited build car etc
Yours is very nice but hard sell a 24k car private these days without warranty / finance etc and kms is a little high which i would think is whats make it hard to sell anytime its been advertised the last few times.
There is collectors who will pay top dollar for classic imprezas but all the boxes need to be ticked.
There is a arse for every seat as the fella says so i wouldnt panic.

Yea would agree with ya totally. That black wagon is a very tidy car for sure and low kms.That's what drew me to the wagon I have intinitally the fact it is a different car not something you'd normally see to many off especially in that variant the V6 and it's in exceptional nick to be fair not blowing my own trumpet that's all down to previous owner's. Kms are bit on higher side for sure but the car has been maintained very well. Actually drives a dream. Ah yea buyer out there for everything just takes time and patience

Il stick it up sometime this week and see,iv tax on it till end of August if it doesn't sell by then I'd really like to bring it along to a club meet or run
There's a few events coming up man, all in the full member section tbh, but would be good to see it out and about. Cracker of a car, looks fantastic tbh

Back