Rcommend a good bike shop in Dublin?

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Looking to get a new bike under that bike to work scheme. looking to get probably a Specialized or Trek mountain bike, under 100 euro. Haven't been in the market in a log time so where a good shops to go check bikes out that would usually have a large range on display?

[quote author=Gretts. link=topic=24076.msg286395#msg286395 date=1275578072]
keith_dublin owns his own bike shop give him a shout..
[/quote]

u know which one he owns?

yep seems like he covers the scheme. , will get on to him, better to give the business to fellow ISDC member. :subaru:

Since I work in Dublin and live in South Kildare.... Im not allowed to get a bike thru that scheme (apparently its too far to cycle)

Anyway now that I know Kieth has a shop, Ill be gettin a new bike when i have a few quid!!! Time to get fit and healthy again!!!!!! :angry1:

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=24076.msg286392#msg286392 date=1275577473]
Looking to get a new bike under that bike to work scheme. looking to get probably a Specialized or Trek mountain bike, under 100 euro. Haven't been in the market in a log time so where a good shops to go check bikes out that would usually have a large range on display?
[/quote]

You'll be lucky to get a Trek or Specialized for under 100 quid. Try the Cycle Center (behind Power City, off the Greenhills Rd, Tallaght). They have a good selection of second hand bikes. Theres a decent shop (Cycle Logical) on Batchelors Walk on the quays also have a good selection..

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewContent.asp?idpage=1

http://www.cyclelogical-bikes.com/

[quote author=The Mouse link=topic=24076.msg286416#msg286416 date=1275583182]

You'll be lucky to get a Trek or Specialized for under 100 quid.
[/quote]

Agreed. Paid 700punts(yes punts) for my Trek. Keith should be able to help you out though on a budget.

I'd be pretty sure Dan meant 1k? That's the upper limit for the bike 2 work scheme. Deffo go to Keith Dan, he'll give you proper advice on what bike to buy for your needs and won't just look to offload a bike he has in the corner that he's struggling to sell.

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=24076.msg286428#msg286428 date=1275584610]
I'd be pretty sure Dan meant 1k? That's the upper limit for the bike 2 work scheme. Deffo go to Keith Dan, he'll give you proper advice on what bike to buy for your needs and won't just look to offload a bike he has in the corner that he's struggling to sell.
[/quote]

sorry yes meant 1000 euro!

Cheers for that lads.
Dan drop in any time, the new shop is up and running we started trading on monday :dance:
Its just 3 doors down from the old shop and bigger and better :multijump:

Dan,
Make sure you bring a good mechanic with you!
To give it a good once over,
Make sure Keith isn't selling you a ringer!
:roll: :roll:
Dan

@ hammie,,, you can still get the bike to work deal,, regulation say you only have to ride some of the way like to a train station or bus stop....

I got my bike from Keith there a few months back with the bike to work thing and haven't looked back.

I got a claud butler milano. Very nice bike for the money. He also sorted everything else for me. clip peddles shoes all the gear.

Top notch. :subaru:

Back