Ride on lawnmower contact?

Keadeen

Hi folks,

looking for a ride on lawnmower as grass at the new gaff getting out of control.
Does anyone have one for sale, or have a contact that will see me right at a decent price within an hour from Carlow / Wicklow area?

Looking for something hydrostatic with a 40" or 42" deck, preferably with both a collect and mulch option.

Thanks!

Wrong time of year Charles everyone asking mentol for shite. I.ll ask a few lads any make in mind

Thanks Joe.

Yeah, wrong time of year alright. Bought house in Feb, but there were no mowers for sale anywhere... and now there's a few suitable ones, but mental money is right. Don't mind too much what make as long as at least 40", hydrostatic, and two cylinder. Have about 2 acres to mow, maybe little more... so a small one will take forever.

If I cannot find something suitable at alright money might just have to let it go wild till next year when finances are less restrained.

Thanks Joe.

Yeah, wrong time of year alright. Bought house in Feb, but there were no mowers for sale anywhere... and now there's a few suitable ones, but mental money is right. Don't mind too much what make as long as at least 40", hydrostatic, and two cylinder. Have about 2 acres to mow, maybe little more... so a small one will take forever.

If I cannot find something suitable at alright money might just have to let it go wild till next year when finances are less restrained.

I feel your pain. I got 18 round bales off my lawn last June and another 5 in September. A small lawn is the way forward

Surely a sheep farmer near ya would stick of a few sheep on it for a few days . Very cheap lawn mover lol

@scrawnban: thanks hadn't come across that name yet! Checked, but no website unfortunately... so a bit far to just drive to go have a look. If the right machine was there at the right price would travel alright, but if same as within an hour from home then makes no sense.

@Tommy: Good thinking - thought of a couple of sheep alright and the brother in law has plenty, but means would have to sort all the fencing and that will be dear enough too... so rock and hard place and all that.

There are a couple of places near me, but just nowt suitable because either too small or mad money. Lads looking to sell me 7-10 year old machines at 2-3k and a new one would be only 4k... and just not willing to pay more than 1/2 price for a machine that is that old. Same with ones that are 1-2 years old, looking for new price minus 3-5 hundred. Could actually buy a brand new one in the North for the same as a 2 year old back home - and that is even with the current exchange rate! Seeing don't have 4k, or 3k to spend, and unwilling to spend 2k for a machine that might last me another 1-2 years before wore out... might just leave it go wild and look at it again next year.

Buying new is the only way foward Charles . Way to much of an unknown buying second hand . You have no way of knowing how much use its had and what belt or part will go pop . So if that means waiting until next year to buy . Wait until next year . Father has had 3 or 4 Hondas in the last 15 to 20 years . Never miss a beat and they got some serious use . Approx 2 acres of green area in a housing estate he built and maintained for a development company in avoca . Once a week every week for at least 10 years .

On the sheep side of things . Electric fences aren't that expensive anymore and minimal effort to set up . Surely you of all people could get a sheep dog to heard them around

I picked up a castelgarden for 400 euro a few years back... Ancient machine but has a healthy Briggs and Stratton engine that will go for ever. It'll need a deck next year but if your handy on the spanners there is little that goes wrong with old ones that can't be fixed handy enough. Non hydrostatics are even less bother.

Buying new is the only way foward Charles . Way to much of an unknown buying second hand . You have no way of knowing how much use its had and what belt or part will go pop . So if that means waiting until next year to buy . Wait until next year . Father has had 3 or 4 Hondas in the last 15 to 20 years . Never miss a beat and they got some serious use . Approx 2 acres of green area in a housing estate he built and maintained for a development company in avoca . Once a week every week for at least 10 years .

On the sheep side of things . Electric fences aren't that expensive anymore and minimal effort to set up . Surely you of all people could get a sheep dog to heard them around

Electric fence wouldn't keep a sheep in, I'm sure you know more about cornering sheep than you're letting on

Back