Routes with Good Photo Spots

Sean93

ISDC Club Member
Hey guys,

Anyone got any suggestions for routes that have some good places for photos where the roads are decent? Want to get into some photography at the weekends.
I'd be going from Navan in Meath so ideally places no more that 2-3 hours away.

Cheers

If you go from Blessington to Hollywood then on to Laragh ,then from Laragh to Sallygap you will find loads 👌🏻

From Navan myself.

Most spots towards Oldcastle tbh, loughcrew and lough bawn/bane towards fore in particular that side of things, but really only om nice days. There's some nice spots on the slane road out towards yellow furze.
Anything along the boyne/blackwater for river spots.
On this point, Virginia/Cavan in general will have some really cool areas, Lakeside Manor Hotel there outside Virginia is class.

Kingscourt and beyond is supposed to have really nice spots. Ardee and beyond you'll get some really nice locations.

Hill of Slane, Skryne and Tara.

Wicklow/Dublin mountains.

There's some nice spots out the bog road there towards Greeka/Athboy direction, and if you're going out towards Delvin there's some nice stretch of road there.

Obviously then, some nice spots out towards bettystown and surrounds.

If you want some countryside, teltown and surrounds out near myself is nice.

Look up castles, lakes and even just google local beauty spots. There's bound to be something on boards.

Last edited:
Isn't there a thing about being 1.5 meters in any zone over 50km per hour? Or am I wrong...?
From what I can see, there's no legal minimum unless the legal is 50mm and 1.5m is recommended lol that's bonkers 🤣

Back