Sliding French Door broken,,

Wrx ian

Petrolheads
The patio door in my parents house seems to have come off the top rail?? if there is a top rail.. well thats what it feels like to me, there was nothing wrong with the door one day the next its fuked,, glass is fine frame is fine,, bla bla bla,,, its just near impossible to open and close there both suffering from arthritis and have a hard time as its the only back door,,,, anyone here work with doors like this,, South Dublin Bray/Shankill,, got a quote of €2200 (joke shop??)

Don't know if this will help. But something similar happened to the mother-inlaws patio door.
Managed to get the door back on, then added plenty of white grease, helped it slide nice and smooth.
Hasn't come back off since.

Tommy555 has worked for Munster Joinery & Global Windows & is a builder too.

He'd be the best bet to contact, he'll fix it for you if its fixable or source a unit at a good price for you & fit it too :thumbsup:

top of the door just slots in, the bottom is on the slider.
they come off easy, lift the door and the bottom will pop out towards you.

the top might not be slotted in right.

Thanks Brian,, PM his number if you can,,

This club is great,,!,, its helping like this that keeps me coming back.. love our cars!! love to help like minded people,, there are all sorts of people on here in all lines of hobbies and work and life style,, What a great resource to have..

:subaru:

[quote author=Murto link=topic=24235.msg287966#msg287966 date=1276163769]
Don't know if this will help. But something similar happened to the mother-inlaws patio door.
Managed to get the door back on, then added plenty of white grease, helped it slide nice and smooth.
[/quote][quote author=Murto link=topic=24235.msg287966#msg287966 date=1276163769]
[/quote]

Thanks guys but there is somthing els up with it i'v tryed all that,,Cheers

Very unusual for the top to be giving problems , in most cases the wheels on the bottom hop the rails and the door wont open as its supposed to , if its a door that wont lift off the problem could lie with the track becoming distorted over a long period of time or the door may have warped due to the heat over the last few weeks (poor grade or pvc is a possibility) , as for €2200 i think someone was taking your parents for fools most standardish sized doors wouldnt cost anything near that to replace , im only 20 minutes away so gimme a buzz when your home and il call up Ian , :thumbsup:

Took a total of 15 minutes to fix after all , :thumbsup:

Would love to name and shame the crowd that quoted €2200 but may keep :shhh:

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=24235.msg288257#msg288257 date=1276255103]
Good man Tommy, delighted my recommendation didn't let me down :wink:
[/quote]

:icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

Good man Tommy! Can't believe that quote, and it only took you 15 mins to fix :shock2:

[quote author=hiwd link=topic=24235.msg288271#msg288271 date=1276256373]
Good man Tommy! Can't believe that quote, and it only took you 15 mins to fix :shock2:
[/quote]

+1 :thumbsup:

Back