Some pics from BMW track day last weekend.

I got there in the afternoon when it was absolutely pouring down. Big time respect goes out to the drivers on track. All rear wheel drive (except 2) and lots of cars with over 300bhp in a down pour, and not one car went off. Very well organised. The 2 cars of the day were the white ex DTM M3 and the Evo FQ 300. The DTM was just eating up the track as if it was on rails, don't think I ever seen it sideways and the EVO was just unbelievable. At one stage it was behind the M3 CSL as the both started down the straight, the next lap the EVO was almost 3/4 down the straight before the M3 appeared.

Alan

[quote author=Scruff link=topic=5081.msg56310#msg56310 date=1201008949]
I got there in the afternoon when it was absolutely pouring down. Big time respect goes out to the drivers on track. All rear wheel drive (except 2) and lots of cars with over 300bhp in a down pour, and not one car went off. Very well organised. The 2 cars of the day were the white ex DTM M3 and the Evo FQ 300. The DTM was just eating up the track as if it was on rails, don't think I ever seen it sideways and the EVO was just unbelievable. At one stage it was behind the M3 CSL as the both started down the straight, the next lap the EVO was almost 3/4 down the straight before the M3 appeared.

Alan
[/quote]

Ya that e36 is a fair old yoke to go... Very impressive car to say the least.

Scruff, I thought the Mini Cooper S was fairly poor considering all the rave reviews it gets :dunno:

Yogi, your pictures came out great. You even managed to make it look like it wasn't actually pouring down all day :lol:

The ex DTM BMW was my favourite car. I've never seen a better prepared track car. Full respect to the EVO 9 driver for overtaking all M3 in his sights. He overtook most of them on the bends too but I only wish it had dried up for the afternoon to see how it would fare on a level playing pitch so to speak. I think my money would have been on the DTM BMW oh and maybe a few quid on the crazy 1000 bhp 3 series :thumbsup:

Frawls

jaysus look at it goin up the road, ud want tyres made of hot tar ta get the power down, absolute mental

:thumbsup:

Yogi are you sure the U tube car is the same as the one in Mondello? I can see the twin turbos in the U Tube car but not in the Mondello one.

Maybe he took one of the turbos off and that's why she's "down" to 700 bhp!

Frawls

That's definately the car. Could explain the loss of 300bhp alright. Don't think race fuel would make that big a power drop. Maybe it was not installed for reliability or something.

The twin turbo M5 route seems to be a common thing in crazy country.. Just search "Gatebil" on youtube and see some of the yokes go.

Definately the same car though, same roof vent, and wheels etc.

Back