Speed sensor

Kayla555

ISDC Club Member
Hi all,
I am just wondering if someone could help me out regarding a vehicle speed sensor.

Does the 08 hatch 2.0ltr R have a speed sensor if so, where abouts is it?

Thanks
Kayla555

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Kayla ,

It will be on the gearbox, close to the dip stick , probably 3 wires coming out of it.

Hi Baz,

The computer came up vehicle speed sensor. My lights are on the dash, Would that also cause my car to go into limp mode.

Just found out my alternator has gone.
Do you think it could be linked the speed sensor and alternator?

Thanks a mill for the reply

My advice is fix the alternator first as it could be throwing false codes with the batterys low voltage .

Hi baz,

Will do thanks very much for your advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Kayla

As what Baz has said . Low voltage will cause all the lights to come on so fix and reset :thumbsup:

Alternator ordered & will be collected this evening & put in.

Hopfully works, fingers crossed.
Il keep you updated

Many thanks again

Hi all,

New alternator in, & just cleared dash lights off, back driving[emoji1303][emoji1303]

Cheers for all the help it?s greatly appreciated, great club

Thanks again
Kayla

Thats good to know ,this is the code that pops up when the alternator acts up ..... Vehicle speed sensor failure.Screenshot_20200318-220114.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200318-220114.jpg
    Screenshot_20200318-220114.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 42
Just a question is the speed sensor located on the gearbox as I was when getting mine rebuilt I was asked was it changed before???? I know on mine on the hubs there are the abs sensors that pick up the tone rings

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi

Turns out the alternator had been throwing codes out as it was on its way out. Replaced alternator car running perfect now,

Thanks again,
Kayla

Just a question is the speed sensor located on the gearbox as I was when getting mine rebuilt I was asked was it changed before???? I know on mine on the hubs there are the abs sensors that pick up the tone rings

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

I think in yours there is the sensor in the box that signals the speedo and the ecu for the engine and the abs sensors are wheel speed sensors that tell the abs ecu what the wheels are doing , maybe inter grated in the hatch I?m assuming, maybe Dave could answer that for 100% correct answer

Back