The Irish Car "SCENE".....

SMITHZER

ISDC Club Member
Took a trip to local car meet this eve for an hour.

Fook me man what a sh*t show. I'm in my 40s and certainly would not class myself as an oul moaning goat but this reviving the sh*t outa your car and reeky popcorn maps has me lost, and this was before the "Rings" started. I parked my car as far away from them as I could, stood at a ramp to minimise the risk of being hit and couldn't get out quick enough.

Never again! Cars & Coffee and the odd spin will do me.

Took a trip to local car meet this eve for an hour.

Fook me man what a sh*t show. I'm in my 40s and certainly would not class myself as an oul moaning goat but this reviving the sh*t outa your car and reeky popcorn maps has me lost, and this was before the "Rings" started. I parked my car as far away from them as I could, stood at a ramp to minimise the risk of being hit and couldn't get out quick enough.

Never again! Cars & Coffee and the odd spin will do me.
Yep, every car "modified" to be the exact same doesn't do it for me. They are just garda magnets with the bollocks that goes on.

Yeah, Jesus man I know the way,
I got these messages off someone on Instagram, asking would I go to a meet, 4 or 5 messages now, it was gonna be his first time holding one..local to me..
Anyway, said I'd wait to see the pics he put up after the meet.
Is200 mainly..about 8 or 9 of them, and a few Bora and Golf etc..
Rings then by the Lexus lads.
I'd have just left if I was there.

I like a nice car now to be fair, but fucking hate this whole reek tuning and popcorn shite.
And the Lexus boyos...they're literally only bought to dog the sh*t of em...and people asking 10k for em now 🤣🤣

There was about 100 diesel BMW's, 50 diesel VW's and about 20 JDM yokes. The game of rev 🎾 started with all the 10 y o wannabe YouTubers running around from gob shite to gob shite recording them.

Banging a rotbox of the limiter for 2 min solid really has me confused to fook. Who gives a toss!

Attachments

• Screen_Recording_20240818_081925_Instagram.mp4
    8.7 MB
Never been to one but from what I seen would sooner naw off my own leg. Once they aren't harming anyone leave them be.
Was out the other day and the guy in the petrol station says oh u must be going to Navan, seems there was one of these gatherings. I didn't know about it and that makes me happy about my life choices.

same here in Galway, only meets/events worth going to are the ones hosted in the mornings. Anything in the evening or nights is a sh*t show. Its good entertainment sometimes though 🤣

it used to by ae86 that were doing the messing, specially around rally events, then they got too expensive for the poor to be trashing them, then honda civic was the culprit, now the crown belongs to the IS/tezza crowd. cheap rwd with some power and you can ride the limiter... part of the reason why japfest is not a thing for me and maybe the club. part of the reason why jdm was removed from Limerick C&C...

it used to by ae86 that were doing the messing, specially around rally events, then they got too expensive for the poor to be trashing them, then honda civic was the culprit, now the crown belongs to the IS/tezza crowd. cheap rwd with some power and you can ride the limiter... part of the reason why japfest is not a thing for me and maybe the club. part of the reason why jdm was removed from Limerick C&C...
japfest was fairly good this year because they put dates on actual show dates, the stuff on show this year was very good

Japfest for me a few years ago going with the club was a sh1t show put beside all the is and altezzas and if 1 revved it to the limiter stone cold they all done it, so for that reason I don't think I'll ever go to it again be it with my car or another way. But that's just me

My other reason was that absolutely embarrassing decision during the coving to let in only people who were vaccinated and produced cert effectively discriminating large portion of the car enthusiasts

Back