The Most Boringest Journal STi

08Sti

Hi all thanks for stopping by, I will be keeping this thread updated with what I'm doing to my STi. Don't expect much since I will be keeping things low key. First a little car history, I was raised in the United States and have loved cars ever since I can remember. Most of my focus was on European and exotic machinery. When I first got my drivers license my father bought me a Nissan 240sx. That really opened up my eyes to Japanese cars and modifying in general. I was young and in school so nothing happened to the 240. I ended up selling that and bought a 300zx twin turbo. My first taste of boost and loved it. Car had issues but I loved it, until I drove a friends modified wrx. I could not stop smiling after.

I soon started looking for Subarus, I found a few but nothing I was impressed by. I then had an opportunity to drive a Mitsubishi Evolution 8. Needless to say I fell in love and soon found one for myself. Fast forward 2 years of ownership and modifying I decided to part with it. I noticed that every time I would modify it I had to go to the shop and fix something else. I did not have the funds to modify it right and decided to sell and save some money. Had a few non impressive cars in between and ended up buying a Subaru outback 2.5xt. I loved the practicality of it plus it had the turbo to keep me boost happy. Well that had to go as well since I was offered a job here in Dublin. With that came grandiose dreams of JDM machinery I could own. I started looking for older generation Evo's. I soon realized that what I wanted was a clean car with no mods. Sadly older cars usually have modifications and spotty maintenance history.

Enter this beauty of a car. I saw Paul's STi on Dondeal and decided to give it a shot. I fell in love with how clean the car was and how well Paul took care of it. A short while later I had myself a beautiful STi. First thing I did with the car was take it to Finnegans to get its current maintenance done which included a oil change and transmission fluid change. Which brings me up to date with the car, at least mostly.

When Finnegans gave the car a clean bill of health I took it to my work and cleaned the engine bay. Nothing crazy detailed but still a solid 2 hours of wiping dirt off of most parts. Below are the before and after pictures. So future plans for the car is as follows, get a nice polish and wax. There are some light scratches that can be buffed out. There are also some areas that will need to be repainted. After driving a brand new Golf for 6 months I noticed how valuable bluetooth is. I want to keep the car as stock looking as possible, and anything I replace will be with Subaru parts. I also want to red out the rear tail lights and will be purchasing a clear taillight to replace the red fog light.

Sorry for dragging on so long and you are a champ if you read through all that. Stay updated with the most boringest journal!

Attachments

• IMG_1058.jpg
    IMG_1058.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1061.jpg
    IMG_1061.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 75
Lovely car, engine bay looks d dogs dangles all clean, nice job,

Best of luck with d Scooby????

Well done on purchase ????????

Look forward to the updates ????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Realized it might be a good idea to show what kind of car I actually have ha. Bone head move on my part.

Attachments

• IMG_1056.jpg
    IMG_1056.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 65
Aerospace 303 is great for shinning the hoses and plastics in the engine bay

Small starts,but a start

Thanks for the tip. I am having issues with getting the red on the manifold to come back to life. Anyone dealt with that before?

Theres nothing i love more than spending a while under the bonnet buffing away the dirt. Hope the car treats you well, shes a beauty.

Thanks for the tip. I am having issues with getting the red on the manifold to come back to life. Anyone dealt with that before?

I used gunk and a stiff brush let the gunk soak for a few mins then spray it again then rinse off

Great job. You're showing me up now. Mechanically I really look after stuff, cleaning and shining not my strong point
Will look awesome with a bit of detailing

Aldi or lido have offer on detailing brushes, be worth investing in

AG engine machine cleaner, spray on leave for few minutes, then agitate with brush and rinse off
Plus it's water based so easier to remove

Aldi or lido have offer on detailing brushes, be worth investing in

AG engine machine cleaner, spray on leave for few minutes, then agitate with brush and rinse off
Plus it's water based so easier to remove

We have the detailing brushes in Lidl from the 23rd.

I don't think you can get it anymore but I used to use Gunk foam engine degreaser with good results. Used to get it in Halfords.

Back