Top Gear again!

F

forester sti

Just Sky plusing topgear now!
They obviously muted the noise of the 4.7 turbo V8 Porsche! why would the do that! FFS, They were trying to make it sound as boring as possible! I know it's not terribly astethically pleasing, but technically it is a very impressive car!
Faster than it's competitors!
Dan

sorry dan world cup was on , so if any one could post a link for last nights eipisode , mucho appricated :thumbsup:

i seen a good few of the porsches over in prague the v8 turbo versions and there was no v8 roar off them which i say everyone expected. so was bit disappointed with that

I saw one on the move in dublin a few months back and it was surprisingly quiet the majority of cars in the club would be louder

They deliberately picked a short track so as not to show up the Quattroporte ..over the flying lap at their test track it would of been way down on the Aston which in turn would of been way down on the Panmera. I've driven the Quattroporte and it isn't that quick... makes loads of noise but its not that fast, 215bhp per tonne..my old B4 wasn't far of that

In fairness though they stated quite clearly that the Porsche was by far the fastest and the Quattroporte couldnt keep up but they still would have it just for the way it looks and sounds and i must admit it looks savage

why cant someone build a car with the style of the quattroporte and the road handling and 4wd of the panamera , seems easy dont it ,

aston does nothing for me at all

Oh for fook sake!
But to be fare, the R8 crossing the line at the end of the hot lap was very cool!!
Dan

I do be sat on the sofa, with laptop on the lap watched Topgear on Sky plus
As I was watching, I just thought to myself!
OH for fook sake, what a load of fooking bull sh1t!
seriously,
The only bit I enjoyed was the the very aggressive manner in which the R8 finished the fast lap!
It really annoyed me that Jez kept banging on that you'd always feel the cars could be better, because they are convertable! and made no real effert to actually compare the cars properly!
He drives a Merc SL AMG55 (convertable) so obvious the prat knows that some people just want a soft top, and so they would like to know which one is better!
And that fooking motor home bull sh1t,
My GOD What the Fook are they on about, 25 minutes of the 1 hour show wasted on the utter Bullsh1t

The one time, I wont bother watching it, Something epic will happen and I'll miss it!
I did watch 5th gear the other day, which was genuinely enjoyable! fair play to them!!
Dan

(sorry about the rant) :angry1:

Agree with most of your rant Dan. Has gone down hill, have recently watched
a few episodes of "Classic Top Gear" on The Dave Channel and its fecking great.
Guess all good things come to an end really.

Theres only 7 episodes in the Topgear series this year and i can't say i'm sorry. :angry1: James May summed it up when he admitted,rather emmbarrasing they had wasted another of our evenings. :icon_redface:
Fifth gear is miles better.Last one i saw they compared a 1997 Porsche 911 c2 with a 2007 Porsche Boxter g60 with carbon brakes etc.Both cars had identical power weight etc.The 911 won by the way. :thumbsup:

have to disagree lads
top gear to me is just an hour of entertainment
dont look at it as a acurate show about motors
just a bbc entertainment show
had a great laugh with the motorhomes
im sure you all disagree but i laughed my ass of

[quote author=scoobycolm link=topic=24991.msg297187#msg297187 date=1279569968]
have to disagree lads
top gear to me is just an hour of entertainment
dont look at it as a acurate show about motors
just a bbc entertainment show
had a great laugh with the motorhomes
im sure you all disagree but i laughed my ass of

[/quote]

I agree toatlly lad, It's a bit of entertainment. Not really interested if 2 supercars are .02 of a second quicker than the other. The challanges are funny as hell

Cheers
John

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=24991.msg297195#msg297195 date=1279571026]
thought you would have appreciated the attic conversion on jezza's citroen tho Dan ,
[/quote]

Ok there were 2 good things in this weeks program! :thumbsup:

@ Colm and John,
I just wish they gave the "Top Gear" program, resources, cars and studio to 3 fresh car enthusiastic presenters
And Let Jez, Jim, and Dick build stupid pointless vehicals, and do lots of stupid stuff in a whole new program,
Dan

Back