Uk import

DUFFMAN

Member Number 25Full ISDC Members 2015
ISDC Club Member
Anybody took anything in from the UK lately?

What are the costs

Vrt
Vat
Nox etc??

Not that I know of..one or two have brought from japan alright but your probably better off to go that way, much cleaner car and probably end out costing the same...if not less even.
Usual crack with VRT. Extortionate quote and then get a few quid back when it's appealed.
Nox, I think that's only €700 isn't it?

Anybody took anything in from the UK lately?

What are the costs

Vrt
Vat
Nox etc??
I haven't Johnny since 2020 so pre official Brexit but have looked into it a little lately.
Typically it would be same as anywhere outside EU. Open to correction to all of below as I'm interested to see if anybody has done it lately.

Example sale price of £20,000
Exchange rate today that costs you €23,750
Add 10% Duty to that - €26,125
Add 23% VAT to that - €32,134
Customs Broker fee of maybe €200
VRT then of god knows what
NOx rate of €600 max for petrol and €4,850 for a diesel so would really want to know what the exact NOx is (plenty websites out there for this info)

There has been some changes to VAT rules for dealers they don't have the full 23% anymore I believe?
Also if its a British made vehicle there is also reduced VAT (Range Rover etc.)
If its 30 year plus then also reduced VAT and obviously only €200 VRT.
An experienced broker will know all that. Paddy at JDM Auction Watch does this even if he hasn't imported the car for you.
Seems to be a little value over there even after taking in all of the above as still cars with lower miles and spec if buying up the years.

Think there has been recent changes from the north aswell, uk car can go into the North and if mot"d and there longer than 3 months, is vat exempt, would need to double check this with a better source than me though 🤠

Do you just have to pay VRT if the car is already in the EU?

I see collecting cars has a RHD Bug STI from Sweden currently sitting at €5,100. I tried the VRT calculator just for fun but it won't let you enter anything other than a 1.6 automatic wagon.
I'm no expert but it looks nice enough for that kind of money.

EDIT: After some busy bidding, it went for €9400 in the end :thumbsup:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2002-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-4

1724848309949.png

Last edited:
As far as I know, it's only VAT you don't pay then, everything else the same, import duty and fees etc

Think there has been recent changes from the north aswell, uk car can go into the North and if mot"d and there longer than 3 months, is vat exempt, would need to double check this with a better source than me though 🤠
Thats very interesting....👀

Do you just have to pay VRT if the car is already in the EU?

I see collecting cars has a RHD Bug STI from Sweden currently sitting at €5,100. I tried the VRT calculator just for fun but it won't let you enter anything other than a 1.6 automatic wagon.
I'm no expert but it looks nice enough for that kind of money.

EDIT: After some busy bidding, it went for €9400 in the end :thumbsup:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2002-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-4

View attachment 134681

If its in the EU you only pay VRT.
The single market has all VAT and duty accounted for its our own boys are the ones with the illegal VRT.

Back