VRT madness

MonF

Hi guys,
Hope you’re all doing well, especially enjoy your four wheel driving monsters. Into the topic now

Firstly, 3700 was the vrt paid for my Jdm forester sg5 auto back to 2021. Obviously it was not possible to get a quote from the website before hand. The day I received the invoice, it felt like I got a sentence from the court, no excuse no mercy, no way around it. I’m sure some of you guys have got robbed by revenue, hopefully you’ve all gone through that pain.

Secondly, by this moment I could still quote a vrt for forester sit sg9, which is 2050, sounds unbelievable. Has anyone imported one of those unit from Japan recently and really paid that much?
I got an sg9 from the auctions recently because of this “low” vrt charge, but now I really doubt if it’s real? Or the final amount is still up to the officers flashing idea?

Sorry about my English, hope you could understand it. Any info appreciated. 🤞🤞

Yep anyone whos imported a car has gone through this unless it’s classic .
I think that figure is low as the cheapest on donedeal is 18k-26 and 36% of that is 6400 . Now you can appeal it after paying it and hope to get something back but it’s a risk as mightn’t get it back

I tried appealing on the sg5, nothing came back. Do they rather find out on DD over the revenue website?

3700 is cheap though, I wouldnt expect anything back. As said above, just work it out according to the dd prices, but it's gone up to 41% now too

If the SG9 is on the website and they give you a figure then when you present the car you'll be charged that. I recently brought in a JDM Subaru in August of last year that was not on the VRT calculator. I had to pay a stupid amount but got loads back on appeal. Once the appeal is filled and issued correctly then it's usually successful. You can reach out to me if you wish to know more.

If the SG9 is on the website and they give you a figure then when you present the car you'll be charged that. I recently brought in a JDM Subaru in August of last year that was not on the VRT calculator. I had to pay a stupid amount but got loads back on appeal. Once the appeal is filled and issued correctly then it's usually successful. You can reach out to me if you wish to know more.
That’s really inspiring to hear that. If they charge the figure according to the website, I’ll be more than happy to take that. But it’s hard to get it scheduled vessel at the moment, I was told 3-6 months, who knows what it’s gonna be by the time.

That is certainly the risk alright. What's to day they won't take it down. I would certainly put in the details now and print the page for your record. For example the car I imported is still to this day not on the vrt website. This is not a coincidence.

€10500 for my classic, €7500 back on appeal, they value them as a car remotely like the one you're trying to bring in, and the most expensive one on DD and 41% of that seems to be the way. So basically they go to the Top Spec page and take their prices :(

€10500 for my classic, €7500 back on appeal, they value them as a car remotely like the one you're trying to bring in, and the most expensive one on DD and 41% of that seems to be the way. So basically they go to the Top Spec page and take their prices :(
10500-7500=3000? That’s not bad.

Maybe we should start another thread to talk about how to successfully appeal 👍

Are they providing how they came to the magical number, wasn't there a court case about this and they are supposed to provide the breakdown of the VRT. *I think 🤣

Back