WANTED: STI 4-5k budget

rb26richie

Sunday Drivers
Hey guys,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place- I did see the wanted section, however, after looking through it it seems as if that's just used for parts and not cars (obviously feel free to move this if needs be).

I've decided and fully committed to getting an STI :thumbsup:
I know there are ALLOT to choose from on Donedeal, here etc but I was really looking for some advice/recommendations as I REALLY want to avoid getting stung with a car that is going to let me down this time.

My budget is €4.5k. Granted that's not exactly allot and I may be expecting a bit much from it but it's all I've been allowed from the better half this time. I could possibly stretch that a small bit for something special but unfortunately that will be a challenge.

Here is my preference list:[list type=decimal]
[li]Bug Eye[/li]
[li]Type R[/li]
[li]Type RA[/li]
[li]Classic Wagon[/li]
[li]Any other STI variant[/li]
[/list]

Again, I know my budget isn't exactly suited to some of the cars listed in my preferences, however, I'd really like to know what's around, what's good and what's worth looking at.

Hoping you guys can help/advise :)
Richie.

I also have this old girl:
20130828_092903_zps60a2879d.jpg

It's a '95 Mercedes W124 E220.
Can part exchange this against a car and/or just use good old fashioned cash.

1. Bugeye - you should be able to find a reasonably clean bug for 4-5k. 6k would definitely get you a good one.

2&3 Type R or RA - not a chance of a clean one at that price - min price for a decent spec clean car is 6-7k. There is one for sale on here at the moment for 7k with brembos etc & looks spotless in the pics. Being sold by one of our traders (sc86)

4. Classic Wagon - rare as hens teeth but your budget would cover a clean one comfortably

5. Classic STi - as above - your budget will get you a clean one

There is a caveat to all of the above - very few clean cars out there actually for sale - lads that have clean ones mind them like babies & won't part with them for love nor money

1. Bugeye - you should be able to find a reasonably clean bug for 4-5k. 6k would definitely get you a good one.

That's good news, thanks for the input! I'd love a bug, if it was worthwhile I'd say saving the few quid extra for a really good one would be the best bet

2&3 Type R or RA - not a chance of a clean one at that price - min price for a decent spec clean car is 6-7k. There is one for sale on here at the moment for 7k with brembos etc & looks spotless in the pics. Being sold by one of our traders (sc86)

I kind of thought as much. The last thing I want is a bottom feeder. I'd prefer to buy from the good ones rather then scraping enough together for a cheap one

4. Classic Wagon - rare as hens teeth but your budget would cover a clean one comfortably

That's really good news. ALWAYS loved the wagon. I'm not going to rush this so will keep my feelers out :thumbsup:

5. Classic STi - as above - your budget will get you a clean one

Also great to know!

There is a caveat to all of the above - very few clean cars out there actually for sale - lads that have clean ones mind them like babies & won't part with them for love nor money

I get what you mean and completely relate with that frame of mind so understand completely :p
Thanks a mill for all that info man!

Welcome along I think i seen that merc on backroads.ie yesterday if im not mistaken
Brians advice is spot on there
Take your time and youll get something nice
Buy a club acr that is known would be my 2 cents to add to that :thumbsup:

Nice white wagon on done deal at the moment, my brothers old car and next owner was a member on here also, think its up for 3250 or thereabouts.

[quote author=scoobycolm link=topic=38989.msg445400#msg445400 date=1377799616]
Never seen that bumper kit before
[/quote]

its an off the production line car Colm , not an add on kit , they called it the euro spec I think , at least 2 around Dublin that I know of

have seen that on here i am sure its a members car.
i'm sure someone will shed some light on it.

The cleanest silver classic is in Dublin
STi Brian owns it
id buy his before any other one out there if I where you
I tried to buy it 2 years ago and he wouldn't sell it
typically now when he is ready to sell I cant buy it
Get on to him Richie :thumbsup:

I've been toying with the idea of selling it for quite a while but couldn't ever be ar$ed with the donedeal lunatics so thats why you won't find it advertised anywhere.

Heres a few pics - If you're interested I can meet up with you as I'm on holidays at the moment.

2yxf5ld.jpg

33kdve8.jpg

2yoombo.jpg

2w2m2rd.jpg

auh47r.jpg

dmfolz.jpg

Always liked that car Brian. It hasn't changed much since I saw it last time blasting onto the m50 off ramp!

Back