What brakes? (1500cc '07 Impreza)

aaaaaaaalex

Hey guys,

I've been considering upgrading a few bits on my Impreza (1.5R) for a while now, but I'm having a whole heap of trouble getting any modding advice for non-wrx/sti models.

My first thought is to get some nice new brakes for her, since the current ones are basically hanging off and need work anyway, but I've no idea where to look for them, or if aftermarket kits are even widely available for this model. Will the 1.5R take a lot of the same parts as it's bigger WRX/STi variants?

If the answer to the above^ is Yes, I'd appreciate some recommendations for good brake kits too :icon_grin:

Thanks lads

Set of wrx disks and calipers be nice step up from standard items ,
Look for a wrx in for breaking and get wrx suspension and brakes , simple upgrade but make the car more fun to drive ,
Brembos from an sti be overkill and cost a fortune , plus might need new wheels to fit .

Yeah, was gonna say the above myself.
Few on done deal for parts, be a huge upgrade to what you have.

I was going to suggest front Wrx disc, pads and braided lines. It would make a significant difference with a good set of pads.
I had that setup on my WRX with 330bhp on track and it handled the load without any issues with a set of Carbon Lorraine CL5+ pads. You wouldn't need to go with them as there are a few other cheaper alternatives for the road. Ferodo DS2500 are a good alternative without the squealing and dust issues.

I also completely forgot that I have those in the for sale section. PM me if you are interested and I can Whatsapp you pictures etc. I am based in Dublin :)

Nice recommendations lads thanks a mill!

Ok so STi parts are overkill, but WRX brakes are a good shout. Alright cool :icon_grin:

So just to clarify, without WRX suspension, WRX brakes are still a direct drop-in replacement without any funny business? I just want to get it right since Im totally new to Subarus in general haha

Side question, if Im upgrading front brakes, should I upgrade rear too? Or does it not matter very much in this case? Im just conscious of unequal wear/stress.

Thanks for the offer hassen I might take you up on that alright, will be in touch :icon_grin:

Not sure yet how many parts I want to invest in, but I would definitely consider WRX suspension, my front driverside droplink is cracked so it needs work either way.

Ok so STi parts are overkill, but WRX brakes are a good shout. Alright cool :icon_grin:

So just to clarify, without WRX suspension, WRX brakes are still a direct drop-in replacement without any funny business? I just want to get it right since Im totally new to Subarus in general haha

Side question, if Im upgrading front brakes, should I upgrade rear too? Or does it not matter very much in this case? Im just conscious of unequal wear/stress.

Thanks for the offer hassen I might take you up on that alright, will be in touch :icon_grin:

Not sure yet how many parts I want to invest in, but I would definitely consider WRX suspension, my front driverside droplink is cracked so it needs work either way.

Not sure if there is any difference between 1.5 and 1.6 but I had brembo sti brakes on 06 Impreza 1.6 and then changed them for wrx brakes and they both were p&p job. You will probably need to remove the back plates or change it for wrx ones.

Sent you a PM last night with my phone number so I can Whatsapp you the pictures :)

Back