What?s it worth?? 98 type r v5????

reillypadraig

Wel lads, I?m planning on selling my black 98 sti type r v5, but these things seem to be rare enough these days and the fact it?s a coupe means I?m finding it very hard to get an average price. Plus this thing is stock apart from a turbo timer. Any advice on what to look for it would be appricated ????

All depends on condition , alot are in poor shape and in country a long time.
Very few decent ones about
Fresh import in good condition 12- 14k - minter mayby a little more
Poor condition 8-10

Huge variation , good one is worth good money , most are not

All depends on condition , alot are in poor shape and in country a long time.
Very few decent ones about
Fresh import in good condition 12- 14k - minter mayby a little more
Poor condition 8-10

Huge variation , good one is worth good money , most are not

It?s in mint condition, brought into uk last April, I won the car on R.Kings there on Tuesday ????. Paint in very good nic. Not sure how much vrt will be either.

its got aftermarket wheels / suspension and a p1 front lip so i wouldnt call it stock but its as good as.

keep it you madman.

with it needing vrt the prices range i gave you in 1st post are out.

its prob worth 10- 11stg in the uk or the north
with it needing vrt im not sure how id price it in the south

its got aftermarket wheels / suspension and a p1 front lip so i wouldnt call it stock but its as good as.

keep it you madman.

with it needing vrt the prices range i gave you in 1st post are out.

its prob worth 10- 11stg in the uk or the north
with it needing vrt im not sure how id price it in the south

Will cost fair lotta money to hold onto it, ?5000 for vrt and nox charge then, and this is my first scooby and suppose as it came from England and I have no history with the car, it will prob need to be mapped aswel. Iv heard of sti tuning in Navan is prob closest to me. Any info on what should be done to these would be much appricated.

Yeah look, hard to know when it's not VRT'd, cause straight away your adding the price of the sale, plus the VRT cost to the buyer like.
I'd say hang onto it, get a loan out for VRT if needed and drive away. Sell it in another bit when you've a bit of enjoyment got. That be my 2c

Congrats on the win, as mentioned would hold on to it if you can.

Without VRT it could be a hard sell. My understanding is that it is hard to VRT a car once gone over 30 days in the country. So if not going paying the VRT route, if was me in that situation I would get the paperwork from R Kings and sell it cheap enough to sell it fast. You are still quids in and do not have the hassle. Or get a loan, get the paperwork sorted, sell for market value and pay off the loan.

Will cost fair lotta money to hold onto it, ?5000 for vrt and nox charge then, and this is my first scooby and suppose as it came from England and I have no history with the car, it will prob need to be mapped aswel. Iv heard of sti tuning in Navan is prob closest to me. Any info on what should be done to these would be much appricated.

yes it would need mapped + timing belt done , so another 1k plus there straight away

You could just sell it below market value all the same without VRT to shift it on if you didn't wanna invest in it, but as James said, there is something about 30 days when it comes to VRT.. I haven't a clue being honest tho

Sti& wrx

Wel lads, I?m planning on selling my black 98 sti type r v5, but these things seem to be rare enough these days and the fact it?s a coupe means I?m finding it very hard to get an average price. Plus this thing is stock apart from a turbo timer. Any advice on what to look for it would be appricated ????

Give me a bell mate looking for a type r have 2 Subaru?s for sale at the min would be interested in a px or even just cash , 0858527444

just sell it back to the North or England, that way you will get the most.
Around 12k for a clean 98 I would think.. but that?s on Irish reg. so take away the Cost of VRT and it?s makes it small, where you will get your 10-12k Sterling for it as is..and Sterling is a bit stronger at moment too..

After 28 or 30 days for the vrt you get charged a percentage of the value they put on the car DAILY until vrt is paid! I got caught that way last year and ended up paying ?1500 instead of ?700!

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Back