Wheel spacers

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
OK lads, I know it's been asked a thousand times..
And I know it'll affect geometry etc.
But, question is... if I don't have a particular geo set up (fast road etc) and it's just a normal alignment, what is the story then?
Is it just a case of getting an alignment check again? Camber, caster etc...
Also, does it really wear the bearings and all that much quicker?
Literally asking because I had intentions on getting bigger wheels, maybe 9J or something.. but lads telling me to refurb the prodrive wheels I have. Its an option, but i hate how far inside the arch they sit. So if running those, I'd like spacers for it to be flush.
I had them on the B4 and no issue....but didn't have it that much longer after fitting either.
Is it a thing? Probably only 15mm are needed just to have them sit flush 🤔
This is the B4 after fitting them, sat much better I think

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJtZWRpYS5hZHNpbWcuY29tIiwia2V5IjoiYTgxM2Y4ZGFhMGNjZjJjZGIzMWI1MDZhMmFjOGNmNzg2Z...jpeg

Another thought is...would 15mm spacers on the 8j prodrive...are are they 7.5j...would that be the same wear on the bearings as running a 9j wheel with no spacers?
We're going down the rabbit hole of ET here and all but I've never really looked into that proper

Ok, just my opinion here.

Spacers are a bad idea, just get a half inch wider rim and proper geo set up after. That's what I did on my old blob and it handled like a dream.

I agree the standard 7.5 inch rim look lost in arch hence why I went .5 inch wider rim which gives great stance and handling if geo is done properly

I ran a 18 x 8.0 rim with no probelms on or off track

Yeah, Nuff said there i reckon lads. I did want the wider rim in fairness..to fill the arch. You know the way, everything has to be right lol

Get the correct offset with the 8 or 9J width. Less stress on components especially if running thicker spacers👍

Back