Kieron

Hi lads. Here?s my car that only came in this week Looking forward to getting out there with her . Drives like new .only 52km on it.
2d567e549fae4bfe08241230a995b13b.jpg
510233fc13ca3809651a543189688079.jpg
2d88e10b26e04cb97ab7baf355c17182.jpg
ab67f4ad49fa7568da047cb9cc1fc849.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome [emoji106][emoji106] looks class

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Based in Kildare Gary. Only one owner from new which is very rare. Got her from Patrick Jdm. Does a top job

Based in Kildare Gary. Only one owner from new which is very rare. Got her from Patrick Jdm. Does a top job

Looks nice alright there?s a few lads down that way 3/4 with classic ones that I know of this is a great place for advice and help if you?re ever stuck now and then keep posting

Cheers Gary. I?m waiting on an appointment to get her vrtd then will start do a few bits. I wonder if anyone has come across this field fuel controller and how it works. I?m going to leave it alone in case I mess it up. I?m told also I don?t need to remap it unless going to drive it hard. So 95 Ron should be fine.
96a401bd99519f1546161d8b4d5a6103.jpg
Leave everything as stock

Welcome nice looking car [emoji122][emoji122]

Remap needed jap cars used to 99 the crap we her here isn't even 95 more like 91

I'd defo spend the money on map if it's going to be driven at all or at least run Nf Booster to make it safer not driving a impreza Hard is Tough[emoji1]

Really wouldn't take a chance on a new car freshly shipped from Japan like that. Peace of mind be a lot cheaper than engine rebuild...my two cents..
Get her mapped for 95 I'd say, drive away then

Fair enough lads. Who would you recommend around Kildare for remap

The 1995 cars once absolutely standard. No mods.

Do not require a remap.

I would advise removing that field unit. And confirming everything else is stock.

We can remove unit and go over car to inspect all. And to confirm sensor voltage scale for maf, lambda etc within scale parameters.

We can also hook up and do a run with wideband etc to make sure not running lean.

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Welcome nice looking car [emoji122][emoji122]

Remap needed jap cars used to 99 the crap we her here isn't even 95 more like 91

I'd defo spend the money on map if it's going to be driven at all or at least run Nf Booster to make it safer not driving a impreza Hard is Tough[emoji1]

Incorrect info for a 1995 car.

If going to give Subaru owners information on a Subaru Owners club. At least make sure its factual...

Last edited:
Thanks Dave. I will give u a buzz tomorrow and go through what?s needed. Would like to get rid of that field unit for sure. Thanks Kieron

Thanks Dave. I will give u a buzz tomorrow and go through what?s needed. Would like to get rid of that field unit for sure. Thanks Kieron

That field unit is a fuel controller.

Not bad per say.

A little like the idea of an Apexi SAFC.

The field controller if say had a wideband hooked up could add fuel if needed to not have it running lean. Would not be accurate like a map. But could if add enough and going by wideband readings prevent det.

Of course on the other side of this. If settings are messed with on unit. You could by mistake set fuel to run lean. Even more lean then oe ecu would have done. And melt a piston. :-(

You may have a point there Dave I know nothing about 95 jdm cars.

However the octane rating in Japan is way higher then here as you know.

Like I said above stuff here regulary lower than the advertised 95.

Its safer to have higher Ron than lower quality fuel higher quality not as prone to knock and detonation very basic stuff.

That is good advice to anyone.

Thanks for your input though always makes me laugh[emoji1]

You may have a point there Dave I know nothing about 95 jdm cars.

However the octane rating in Japan is way higher then here as you know.

Like I said above stuff here regulary lower than the advertised 95.

Its safer to have higher Ron than lower quality fuel higher quality not as prone to knock and detonation very basic stuff.

That is good advice to anyone.

Thanks for your input though always makes me laugh[emoji1]

Ciaran. I was actually going to reply with sorry if seems ive singled your post out until i read the last bit.

Your reply is ill informed. And absolute zero help for the chap in question.

The "i know nothing about 95 jdm cars" in the quote above is the only accurate information in your posts.

Regards making you laugh? The only person that is in that light here is you.

The chap being ill informed by the club is not pregressive. Is it???

And asking him to be ?1000-1600 out of pocket to remap a standard car that didnt need it via ESL or LinkG4 etc. Isnt exactly helpful now is it? Nothing funny about that.....

Last edited:
Welcome along :clap:Nice looking car enjoy :thumbsup:

Impossible to know if the car is standard , it's a 95 car you can take a guess and it might look standard but Could have being rebuild or uprated . For piece of mind if it was my car I would at least get it checked . Ap. Performance in Galway is who I use :thumbsup:

Hopefully the vrt wont be too bad but prepare for around 4K :icon_sad:

I?m learning a lot already from this one lads. Better to be safe than sorry as the rest of of the car is completely standard apart from the field fuel controller which I don?t know how it works which means get rid and give the car the full look over timing belt etc and whatever else is recommended to get it back to 100%. Not going to take any chances as going to have this car for a very long time [emoji106]

Back