Joe seriously.

Eyeballs will tell you if car is standard or not. A very quick camera inspection can tell you if standard piston type for model. Not a 6+ hour round trip to Galway.

The club anti RSR via the actual committee is the highlight here imo.

If you cant leave any of your personal feelings aside here in a committe roll you should not be in it.

I have not posted your comments by yourself about condition of your own S204 have i. As not my business to. Maybe you should reflect also. As you guys dont like being told as it is if not within the click.

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

I?m learning a lot already from this one lads. Better to be safe than sorry as the rest of of the car is completely standard apart from the field fuel controller which I don?t know how it works which means get rid and give the car the full look over timing belt etc and whatever else is recommended to get it back to 100%. Not going to take any chances as going to have this car for a very long time [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct. Stuff like timing belt kit is unlikely to have been done. Unless evidence of only water being used in coolant system then water pump will be fine at your mileage

Fresh timing belt kit and coolant. And aux belts also.

Oil. Air and fuel filter service.

And a look over from there.

I heard the vrt is mental alright. Tax tax tax that?s all they want. Stupid money for a 97 car. U wud think a car over 20 years old wud b a lot less. That?s the country we live in. Beans and toast for a long time for me so

Correct. Stuff like timing belt kit is unlikely to have been done. Unless evidence of only water being used in coolant system then water pump will be fine at your mileage

Fresh timing belt kit and coolant. And aux belts also.

Oil. Air and fuel filter service.

And a look over from there.

That?s grand Dave. Your only a half hour away from me cheers Kieron

Remember when any car over certain age was 250, oh man [emoji26]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I heard the vrt is mental alright. Tax tax tax that?s all they want. Stupid money for a 97 car. U wud think a car over 20 years old wud b a lot less. That?s the country we live in. Beans and toast for a long time for me so

The v3 VRT is not as high as the V2. I would say you are in ?2.5k-3k area. Heres hoping. But is a bit of a lottery at that moment

The v3 VRT is not as high as the V2. I would say you are in ?2.5k-3k area. Heres hoping. But is a bit of a lottery at that moment

Does that mean a 1997 v4 will get a discount over a v2 car[emoji1787][emoji1787]. Anyway I?m on a waiting list no available dates for a month. Must be flat out doing vrt. Really coining it

Does that mean a 1997 v4 will get a discount over a v2 car[emoji1787][emoji1787]. Anyway I?m on a waiting list no available dates for a month. Must be flat out doing vrt. Really coining it

Is yours old or new dash?

Grand job. Might only need half the Vaseline then but all depends who u get on the day I guess

Lovely car. Well wear. Don't forget to keep the number plates and maybe frame it or something. These are becoming a rare sight on the roads these days. Hopefully vrt won't be too bad[emoji1696]

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

Whoops, didn't realise that about the ecu needing changing.
That would change perspective alright. I was always under the impression that any car that was programmed for higher RON fuel would benefit from the remap, friend of mine has a twin turbo Legacy B4 still on jap map and no problems with it in about 4 years, but I've often told him he'd be better with it just in case.
Another friend of mine imported an Altezza last year and ran it on jap map for a while and said it ran that little bit better with the Irish map.

As to whether it's needed or not, I don't know, as I'm only learning myself. But call me cautious, personally I'd prefer to have the ECU tuned for what ever petrol is going into it.

Not trying to gain points here, just merely stating my thoughts on the mapping thing. Plenty lads with much more knowledge than me here to be quite honest. But I'm a cautious man lol

Aside from that, car looks great anyway man. And welcome along ????

Whoops, didn't realise that about the ecu needing changing.
That would change perspective alright. I was always under the impression that any car that was programmed for higher RON fuel would benefit from the remap, friend of mine has a twin turbo Legacy B4 still on jap map and no problems with it in about 4 years, but I've often told him he'd be better with it just in case.
Another friend of mine imported an Altezza last year and ran it on jap map for a while and said it ran that little bit better with the Irish map.

As to whether it's needed or not, I don't know, as I'm only learning myself. But call me cautious, personally I'd prefer to have the ECU tuned for what ever petrol is going into it.

Not trying to gain points here, just merely stating my thoughts on the mapping thing. Plenty lads with much more knowledge than me here to be quite honest. But I'm a cautious man lol

Aside from that, car looks great anyway man. And welcome along [emoji108]
The ECU does not need changing

Welcome to club we ll have to have a kildare meet sometime as there are a good few from around here now

welcome to club

daves advise trumps up most times imo

after writing and deleting 2 different replys this is the most peaceful one i can think of atm

Welcome to club we ll have to have a kildare meet sometime as there are a good few from around here now

Spot on. Once I get her vrtd I?m good to go [emoji106]

Back