00 Classic Impreza Turbo wagon - €1500

J_K

So the time has come for me to let this go, its been a great car for me but covering the bones of 20,000 miles a year on the motorway in it is not practical or sensible really.

I'll update this with some up to date photos when I give it a wash but this was it soon after I got it.

IMAG0895 by John Kearns, on Flickr

IMAG0899 by John Kearns, on Flickr

Currently has 135,000 miles on the clock, I've serviced it twice since I got it in April last year, Oil (Millers CFS 10w-40) and filter and also changed the gearbox oil again using Millers which was horribly expensive.

I also replaced some vaccum lines under the bonnet and other than that not really done much to it. It came with a strut brace which I removed and I had a 4" stainless rear silencer on it for a while, both of these can go with the car. I also fitted 4 brand new nexus tyres before Christmas and had the tracking done.

The Bad points:
a few little rust spots on the rear door sills but nothing serious yet
The pin in the r/h bonnet hinge is worn and rattling but I have a hinge to go on it, just haven't had the time to paint it yet.
There is a small bit of bubbling under the paint on the tailgate.
Very occasionally the check engine light comes on for a few seconds at a time, checked the code and its the MAF sensor but it seems to run fairly well so haven't bothered doing anything about it yet.

Tax is until 01-16
NCT until 03-16

I'm in work at the moment so I'll try and update this ad with a bit more information when I have time but it is what it is, nothing major wrong with it but it'll probably never be perfect either, makes a good daily driver, I'm averaging 28MPG since I got it using Fuelly to check. It is an Irish car to so no major rust issues underneath.

I'm asking €1500 which I think is fair enough, you'll be hard pressed to find one much cheaper but I am willing to listen to reasonable offers. I'm located in Meath but working in Dublin so can accommodate anybody that wants to have a look at it. If anybodys interested let me know. Thanks.

Should probably add this in here, had a little bit of a thread going when I was doing stuff to the car.

http://www.isdc.ie/forum/showthread.php?41757-My-Classic-Impreza-Wagon

This is the link to my Fuelly showing average 28 mpg over the last 10k miles http://www.fuelly.com/car/subaru/impreza/2000/jkearns/360493

And here are a few rubbish pictures I took in the rain last night after giving it a quick wash.

IMAG1173 by John Kearns, on Flickr

IMAG1172 by John Kearns, on Flickr

IMAG1170 by John Kearns, on Flickr

IMAG1171 by John Kearns, on Flickr

Right so, a quick update and summary.

Good points:
4x Brand new tyres and tracking just done.
Unmodified original Irish car (Apart from a subtle pillar boost gauge)
Recently serviced using good quality oil.
Tax till end of the month.
NCT'd till march.
Averaging 28mpg over last 10,000miles http://www.fuelly.com/car/subaru/impreza/2000/jkearns/360493 (You need to switch the units to UK from US)
JVC radio with Bluetooth and USB/aux inputs (Standard speakers are rubbish though)

Bad points:
Occasional CEL for maf sensor (usually only comes on for about 5 seconds then goes out and might not be seen again for weeks).
Small rust patch on rear l/h sill.
Small bubble under paint on tailgate, rest of it looks good.
General wear and tear to be expected from a nearly 16 year old performance car.
Wear on drivers side seat bolster.

And a few pictures of it taken just a few minutes ago

IMAG1178 by John Kearns, on Flickr

IMAG1180 by John Kearns, on Flickr

IMAG1181 by John Kearns, on Flickr

IMAG1182 by John Kearns, on Flickr

IMAG1183 by John Kearns, on Flickr

IMAG1185 by John Kearns, on Flickr

IMAG1186 by John Kearns, on Flickr

IMAG1187 by John Kearns, on Flickr

Back