2001 STI ENGINE FOR SALE.

C

chrisp21312

IVE A 2001 STI ENGINE (JDM) THAT I TOOK OUT OF MY PRODRIVE MODEL.WAS SLIGHT KNOCKING IN IT BUT WAS DRIVING PERFECT WITH IT.JUST CHANGED IT CAUSE GOT GOOD DEAL ON A NEW ONE.IDEALLY IT WOULD BE SUITABLE FOR REBUILD ONLY. ENGINE HAD ONLY 65000KMS ON IT.NO REASONABLE OFFER REFUSED AS ITS IN THE WAY WHERE WHERE IT IS. 087 6883824

Hold on lads, he did say the engine was knocking, so I presume the price will reflect this. Why the hell is everyone jumping the gun these days. Cars can drive normally with knocking noise, it just may not be the pistons that are causing the knocking noise.

[quote author=nicealloys link=topic=18603.msg228329#msg228329 date=1255385769]
it would want to be a real knock down price then
[/quote]

Absolutely, but the point is he stated that the engine was knocking and he was slated as if he was trying to deceive someone.

Agree with scruff the guy stated theres a problem and altough he has slightly sugar coated it
you would want to be completely stupid to give top wack for it so no need for putting his
add down :thumbsup:

I can understand you having other members/buyers interests at heart when you read the ad, and I also would not want anyone on here to buy a dodgy engine, but he stated it was knocking, so it is up to the buyer to make an educated decision. I don't think the seller was trying to dupe anyone.

Back