6mt 1st to 2nd

johnkin

Hi guys, picked up the fsti yday, over the moon with it.
Needs some tidying and didnt get to drive it too much but for the 10k or so that I did, the 1st to 2nd felt very notchy and wouldn't slide in too easy, I had drop the revs down a bit.
Its perfect when the engines off, very smooth and crisp. There's not 100k on it no slop in the box so a little concerning.

Just wondering is this a sti thing or will it improve when the box heats up a bit?

CheersIMG_20201212_153044.jpg

Congrads great looking forester 👍 it Shouldn’t be notchy Really but it could be the linkage bushings are worn me need replacing .

Sometimes mine can be like that when cold but once fully warmed up 30mins of driving its fine .

Cheers guys, I'll swap out the bushings I think and hopefully between that or warming up it'll be alright, fingers crossed.

Love that well done

check if there's oil in gearbox with dipstick. and get it changed as makes a huge difference ..also linkages/bushes worth checking as mentioned above.

Congratulations đź‘Ź

Love that well done

check if there's oil in gearbox with dipstick. and get it changed as makes a huge difference ..also linkages/bushes worth checking as mentioned above.

Congratulations đź‘Ź
Gonna get full service and oils done once I get plates so hoepfully that will help, thanks for that!

Good man

Be great to see a members car blog on it fire it all in there day 1 on great to have it all in 1 place

If you join as full member at some stage đź‘Ť

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201213-110512_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201213-110512_Samsung Internet.jpg
    525.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Nice fozz John looks great I say an oil change on gearbox and take it from there mine used to be a bit notchy after the car left sitting up for a bit but went out of it after a drive

Nice fozz John looks great I say an oil change on gearbox and take it from there mine used to be a bit notchy after the car left sitting up for a bit but went out of it after a drive
Cheers Gary, ye fingers crossed its something like that. Hasn't been driven much since left Japan I soppuse!

Cheers Gary, ye fingers crossed its something like that. Hasn't been driven much since left Japan I soppuse!
I'd say you're OK with it just a lack of use hopefully change oil front and rear see how it goes get a sup of good stuff think it 75/90w

Hi lads,

Got the car on the road yesterday and had a good spin. Happy to say that after 30mins or so 2nd gear felt perfect, so hopefully new oil will sort it out.

First time driving the cat around and actually had to pull over and check doors and windows weren't open as the road noise is so bad. Ordered lots of deadening for it anyway.

Cheers

What tyres are on it . And what year car are you getting out of
Getting out of a e320 w211 merc wagon, so million miles away from the foz. Tryes are new enough but look like some sorta snow trye, pretty nobbly. I'll use these for the winter months ahead and get something better one the weather picks up.
I had a quick check on the panels and theyre all pretty loud, so deadening will go a long way I hope. Love the engine and turbo noise it's more just the road noise.

Back