Always something.. airbag light this time

KrakityJones

ISDC Club Member
Reckon I'll just have to bring this in somewhere but before I do anything obvious I could be checking? Had a look at the connectors under the seats as that seems to be the most common cause but they aren't loose, disconnected and reconnected they click in fine. Same for the front two sensors by the radiator. ODB tool (Torque app) doesn't show this is a fault as it's not engine related so can't reset. Anything else I could check? If a fuse was gone would the airbag light come on maybe?

Yeah Loughrea, will be in Cork at the weekend though if you happen to be based that way

Oh, wouldnt have thought of checking that, another one to try when I get back home later.nice one

Horn is working fine anyway, disconnected one of the fuses marked as srs, no change, couldn't get the other one out as there's a kind of surround around it I guess to stop it being taken out easily, ran out of light so will have a crack at it tommorow. Any simple knack to get that fuse out by any chance? Didn't want to force it. (one on the top right there in the pic)

SHA_20240531_223034511_8.4.400.jpg

This will sound real simple and stupid possibly but the yellow connectors sometimes just get loose or move especially if seat moved recently or in my case id tire inflation thingy under seat strained connectors

This will sound real simple and stupid possibly but the yellow connectors sometimes just get loose or move especially if seat moved recently or in my case id tire inflation thingy under seat strained connectors
Yeah that seems to be the most common cause alright, I disconnected them and checked the contacts they all look fine, but could still be it, I'll get some spray contact cleaner during the week and give em a clean up to rule that out.

Finding out what's actually causing it as Baz said is the key really, I'm only guessing at things otherwise. Anyway no mad panic will need it sorted before NCT but booking for that isn't for another few weeks, plenty time to sort.

I'm in Galway, I can come to loughrea no problem.

I'm in Dublin today and Tipperary on Sunday, and not around Monday, but I'll be passing through loughrea tomorrow evening and around from Tuesday onwards

Ah thanks a million for the offer. I'm away for the weekend though but I'll try catch you at some stage over the next while if it suited, can spin out to wherever you are. I'll send on my number there to you, appreciate that.

Threw up a generic enough sensor error but I went digging and it relates to code 41 which is

"side airbag harness (RH) faulty / side airbag module (RH) faulty / airbag control module faulty"

Reading up the vast vast majority of people who have that code it's been down to the connectors under the seat, I'm going to get some contact cleaner spray tommorow and try that, should have done that to begin with really. If it's not that I guess replace the module is next. Looks like a fiddley enough job but doable.

I'd say module is fine
code throws like that if a fault afaik
showing faults on all that sides parts
so probably seat connector allright

Back