banks

buckshot

Petrolheads
dont know if anyone here works for banks maybe they can explain? i bought an item from a guy up north recently sent a bank draft for 170 euro. the guy took this to his bank where he was told it could take up to 8 weeks to clear and that there would be a chargre of 25 pounds. now just a bit redicilious in my opinion what do you think? :angry1:

Didnt think it would take that long but it does take a few weeks alright...

Can you paypal it instead? At least you've a bit of comeback that way way :dontknow:

dinnt think a draft would cause this hassle 25 sterling to cash it it should be done straight away not to mind 8 weeks

Thats pure horseshit, a bank draft is essentially cash in a a written form.

A draft differs from a cheque as its gauranteed by the bank where as a cheque can bounce if insufficient funds are in the account....

agree with narked

ring the bank where you got it and they will clear it up for you

and they can tell you when and where it was cashed

I wouldn't play with the drafts/ cheques if I were you. Waste of time and money,

What about the normal money transfer? I have AIB account and I can do international money transfers online... You need the recipient's international Bank account number (IBAN) and Swift/BIC code of his bank.

I've been sending that way to Poland and to the UK on many occasions and the transactions cost me around 9-10 eur. Money reached the destination within 7 days, sometimes even quicker than that.

If its a payment for goods, I would use Paypal anytime though. The fastest and most convenient way ;)

Back