British Leyland cars Documentary 1980

Documentary on rust so :icon_grin:

Visited the british motor museum in Gaydon few years back , great exhibition and to be fair some really cool cars but you could smell the oil leaks from the cars

Documentary on rust so :icon_grin:

Visited the british motor museum in Gaydon few years back , great exhibition and to be fair some really cool cars but you could smell the oil leaks from the cars
One near Birmingham airport Tommy class place ...yea drip trays under the cars [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

That's the spot . Worth a look around for anyone I think .

It's amazing that leyland never realised they were making 5 or 6 cars that were competing against 1 from vw , 1 from peugeot etc etc . Competing against themselves and others .think there is no survivors from the group either , I know mini and mg names were bought but is there any others left ?

Yup the vw lad fitting the lock to the golf vs Leyland fella says it all...

Think all gone alright and all the companys that supplied them.

Morgan factory one of the only old british manufactures still producing cars by hand a must see when in England

https://youtu.be/LItNSgFyO_Y

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Great post on BL thanks. It?s a bit sad looking back on how they ended up where they did but the industry just overtook them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad management and poor cars , nothing would survive that .
Amazing thing was the leyland truck division (AEC , Scammell etc) kept the car business going far beyond when they should have folded and pulled the truck division down with the cars in the end .it was an unbelievable story and how a government supported leyland for so long was equally unbelievable,

Best car bl ever produced was the mini clubman in my opinion ( learned to drive in a 1275gt )

Back